The Only Place I Feel At Home..

HuskyGuerl

This is the only place I feel at home with my dogs...on Facebook I get people complaining that I post to much about them..on Instagram I can't post their stories...here I can post whatever whenever because I know you all share the same passion..

The dogs got out today. They went under our house and we didn't even know how but found out and immediately got it fixed. Well while they were out and about they all three had a play in cow crap and real horribly. I'm part of a husky huddle and malamute mingle group on Facebook and I posted about what happened and how they all seemed pleased with themselves about the cow crap..I immediately got bashed with how they love huskies and they shouldn't be treated badly..how it's wrong I'm laughing when they could of got hurt..how I need to learn to keep them safer...it hurt my feelings..I was laughing at the smiles on their faces when I said they stunk...just seems I can't post anywhere about my babies except here without being bashed...they really made me feel like a pile of crap

That really sucks about your group, I admin ours and I'd be giving members warnings for that kind of thing. There's a difference between someone who intentionally letting their dogs out and their dogs getting out by accident. and of course you were scared but you couldn't help but laugh at the fun they had once they were *safe*, thats all that matters, is that they were safe, and you know that you are being proactive and making sure they don't get out again but you shouldnt owe them an explanation. Hope it gets better for you.. 

Ah, that sucks. :(

I've tried other husky forums before, but I've always seemed to come back here to read threads and to look for advice. The community here is 100X better than any other husky forum out there - believe me...been there, done that!

Thanks guys! And we drove about for them and I didn't even smell the stuff when we loaded then in the car it was when they were in the house safe and relaxing and sleeping that I caught a whiff then began to laugh because I was so worried about them being ok that I didn't notice it on them and then their huge smiles just made me laugh more because they knew they were getting bathes(they love baths)

ROFL furry devils! They're never out of ideas to drive you crazy :lol: 

facebook is an evil place IMO :( can't believe how mean people can be behind the digital screen. I only use it to play Candy Crush, check school-related news in my school's page and chat with my friends. To this day, I'm still amazed at how nice people are in H-O  :o I've said this before but: it feels like people need to pass some kind of a personality test to join.... because everyone is nice and friendly. It's like an internet forum without the internet nastiness :lol: Sure, we got occasional trolls like any other forums, but generally people are genuinely sweet :wub: 

Yeah, I was an admin for the same husky huddle group in Indiana and I left because I could not stand the founder of it.  Now they have multiple states but that guy is a jerk.  We took the group from 12 people to 500 in less than a month and he treated us like employees and had unreasonable expectations. I had only joined to have fun and it was the opposite.

And yeah, the people on there were very judgmental.

This is the only place I feel at home with my dogs...on Facebook I get people complaining that I post to much about them..on Instagram I can't post their stories...here I can post whatever whenever because I know you all share the same passion..

The dogs got out today. They went under our house and we didn't even know how but found out and immediately got it fixed. Well while they were out and about they all three had a play in cow crap and real horribly. I'm part of a husky huddle and malamute mingle group on Facebook and I posted about what happened and how they all seemed pleased with themselves about the cow crap..I immediately got bashed with how they love huskies and they shouldn't be treated badly..how it's wrong I'm laughing when they could of got hurt..how I need to learn to keep them safer...it hurt my feelings..I was laughing at the smiles on their faces when I said they stunk...just seems I can't post anywhere about my babies except here without being bashed...they really made me feel like a pile of crap

I'm laughing thinking about you and dogs in a vehicle - smelling like one of the best odors in the world!  (( Remember part of my childhood was spent on my grandfathers subsistence farm )) I've had my fair share of dogs who spent a few days (and nights) outside getting "cleaned up" - though they normally got washed in the creek.

As for the fora - I made the rounds of the various ones when I first got Misty, now I haven't been on another Husky forum in years.  I don't need them, I don't need the judgmental BS that goes on with most of them - I'm quite happy to be at home here!!!