Mind Blowing Video

BlueWolf

Just saw this quite.. different video. And it's absolutely beautiful. Even though it said at the very beginning no video effects were added, it was only after I figured out how they did it that I started believing that  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6JcybgDFo

For those seeking for an explanation: The two screens are just blank. Since they are attached to a robot, they know exactly where they are at any given time. They used that to project these images on it with a projector, as well as on the floor. Secondly, the camera itself is also on a robot (seen at 3:00) so now they also know at what angle the camera is looking at the screens, making it possible to project fake depth to it (known as projection mapping). If you stand still next to the camera it would look really weird. Using background lights and lots of camera movements it gets so real it's impossible to ignore. Genius!

Wow, thanks for sharing! I was quite sure those were some kind of TV flat screens but your explanation makes much more sense. Now when you said that behind all this it's just a projector, it's even hard to believe it.My eyes are saying yes, this is real while my brain completely tries to deny that fact. Awesome!