Suggestions People :)

Stranger

For the last couple of years, I've wanted to set up my own business. I seem to be in a position now to do that.

I am setting up a online Jewellery business. I have a vision for the company, and hopefully within the next 5 years, other divisions will open so eventually I will be selling more than just jewellery.

Anyway....I've gone through just about every name and I am now stuck because I am thinking about it too much.

I've read up on the whole business name etc etc and here is what I've learnt

Don't name it after yourself (in case you ever want to sell)

Don't name it after a place (in case you move)

Don't name it after the product if not product specific

To add further to the mix, I will have my own website, so the company name needs to either be available as a domain, or at least a version of it....for those who have ever looked into this, pretty much EVERYTHING is taken :(

The jewellery I am looking to make wont be specific to a genre, there will be alternative, there will be simple, there will be delicate, and then commissioning's etc etc .

The last two that have stuck are

Indifferent and Mad Hatter designs

Thanks in advance peoples and paws :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indifferent

No No NO never.

The word tells your customers about you and your business.

Indifferent (Lazy / not caring etc) is not what I would want my customers thinking of me.

they would NOT get the play on the title In-Different to be different.

I like Mad Hatter, but you said you won't be genre-specific. Mad Hatter makes people think your shop only makes outrageous, unique, total eye-catcher designs. So what about:

1. Mix your name (either last, first or nickname) with something else. Maybe the dogs' names? 

2. Do a spelling play on a common word that has a nice meaning. There's a member here whose husky's kennel name is Esquimaux. Took me a minute to realize it really is Eskimo! Just spelled in a fancy way. 

3. Create a simple, two-syllables, meaningless word that anyone can easily mention. For example, Kodak. That brand name has no meaning but it's simple and easy to remember. 

I'll post another comment when I had an idea. Mom called. Dinnertime :P 

Indifferent

No No NO never.

The word tells your customers about you and your business.

Indifferent (Lazy / not caring etc) is not what I would want my customers thinking of me.

they would NOT get the play on the title In-Different to be different.

It was more meant that Indifferent as in not either or, as in not specific, not bias, basically meaning that just because you see a certain type of thing on the site, doesn't mean that's all there will be.

But after a couple of weeks being excited about that name, ive gone off it, but it was the only one that seem to stick for a while. lol

I think I am getting desperate. I know what I am like, if I don't do this I wont, ill end up talking myself out of it, and convincing myself I am not capable of it. Couple of months it will be on the back burner and ill be back here again trying to find a name, and thus the vicious circle continues :facepalm: makes you wonder with a mentality like that if running my own business is a great idea lol

Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing as Andy tbh aswell.  I'm totally pants at trying to come up with a company name, so far I've been sat here for like 5 minutes and the best I could come up with were 'inspired'  and 'glintz',  see?!  I'm rubbish!  lol.   Well good luck to you toni!  Hope to see some lovely sparkly stuff from you online soon! xxx

Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing as Andy tbh aswell.  I'm totally pants at trying to come up with a company name, so far I've been sat here for like 5 minutes and the best I could come up with were 'inspired'  and 'glintz',  see?!  I'm rubbish!  lol.   Well good luck to you toni!  Hope to see some lovely sparkly stuff from you online soon! xxx

I did think of 'Sparkles' too like Emma almost mentions here!

What about 'Precious' or 'Everything Precious'  :rolleyes:

heeey that's a good idea! what about playing with the word "precious"? Like, "My Precious", referring to Gollum's signature "My Prezzshyesshh" :P or in case you wanna add a little Husky theme, what about Zicoux? Spelling play of "Siku", Inuit for "ice". It can also represent your sparkling jewelries. 

Voting for One Of A Kind and Eligius :D although I think eligius might be a bit hard to pronounce

that's genius Andy!

Eligius

Ell - Ee- Gee- Uss :)

u-neek is taken :(

I would imagine all the variations of that

Unique

Uneek

U-Neek

Uniq

U-niq

Uneeq

U-Neeq