Suggestions People :)

Stranger

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Eligius - there has to be a way to play that with elegant ... some mixing of letters but I'm drawing a blank ....

Try something like "Elegance by Eloi" (eligius is the "latinization" of the French Eloi) - that's something that will impress the cognoscenti and sounds, well, elegant.

I like the sound of that, I speak a bit of French and have spent a large amount of time in france, I have been trying to remember French words that I could use, but haven't spoken in so long ive lost most of it lol

I like Eligius - there has to be a way to play that with elegant ... some mixing of letters but I'm drawing a blank ....

Try something like "Elegance by Eloi" (eligius is the "latinization" of the French Eloi) - that's something that will impress the cognoscenti and sounds, well, elegant.

Just done some reading about this, Eligius was born 6 miles north of Limoges, I went on holiday every year, and also went to school in the Limousin Area.

I have to have this name

• 1 month later...

well done some research, asked a group of people about the name Eloi, and although, once everyone knew what it meant, they liked it, a couple didn't remember the name, or didn't associate it to what I would be doing and most couldn't pronounce it correctly, which resulted in wrong spelling of the name. that will obviously cause problems when looking for the website...

Cant believe how hard this is....thanks for the help so far guys....Just thought I would keep you all updated xxx

Try and think of a first letter....when my friend named her hair salon she was told to do that, her advice was also to pick a letter which is less commonly used.

She picked V and then went with Vanilla.

Its certainly not a name you forget

spelling is always a problem :( I do agree though when you say "Eloi", it can pop up in so many different ways in people's heads. For example in my head I'd definitely spell it "elloy" :shrug: 

I like the sound of "Dius Gemma" :) except I don't know how to pronounce "dius"... in my Indonesian tongue it reads as "dee-youse" :shrug: 

Now I know it's very important for people to know what's the meaning behind your company's name, but I also heard that as long as people can pronounce, spell and remember it easily then it's a good name. For example, how many people know that "Samsung" actually means "three diamonds" in Cantonese? I don't believe half of you guys knows that :lol: yet, it's a very successful brand. In case you'd like to follow Samsung's steps and experiment with "unpopular" foreign languages, here are some words from my language... which happens to be one of the easiest language on Planet Earth ;)

Intan (diamond)

Perak (silver) 

Ratna (pearl, or just gems in general)

spelling is always a problem :( I do agree though when you say "Eloi", it can pop up in so many different ways in people's heads. For example in my head I'd definitely spell it "elloy" :shrug:

I like the sound of "Dius Gemma" :) except I don't know how to pronounce "dius"... in my Indonesian tongue it reads as "dee-youse" :shrug:

Now I know it's very important for people to know what's the meaning behind your company's name, but I also heard that as long as people can pronounce, spell and remember it easily then it's a good name. For example, how many people know that "Samsung" actually means "three diamonds" in Cantonese? I don't believe half of you guys knows that :lol: yet, it's a very successful brand. In case you'd like to follow Samsung's steps and experiment with "unpopular" foreign languages, here are some words from my language... which happens to be one of the easiest language on Planet Earth ;)

Intan (diamond)

Perak (silver) 

Ratna (pearl, or just gems in general)

I know someone called Ratna so ill give that one a miss lol...

I like the first letter thing..

It will happen one day :D