I Need Help With A Name!

musicjunky6

I have my10 week old husky, I named him Bynx.  The more I think about it I feel like Bynx sounds like a small dog name so I'm thinking he needs a more masculine-stronger name.  Any ideas? Everything I think of, I find a reason not to like it.

Some things about him-

-he loves wind, hes very fast, will cry/sing if someones not with him

-hes agouti-bi eyed

-he loves to cuddle

-hes very curious

-when playing with my brothers dog he will always take whatever toy she is playing with but wont share his toys :) lol

post-10849-0-08065600-1380217307_thumb.j

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always been a fan of calling dogs people names (hence Damian!) so I'd probably call him Dave or something :')

How about a Greek/Roman God name? Maybe not Zeus because that's so popular, but something god-like!

- Caity

OH,thats interesting cos I am the total opposite and never give my animals people names,

I quite like Bynx too but I am rubbish with suggesting names

I have a very RARE and DISTINGUISHED name.

"COCHISE"

Cochise was an Apache Indian Chief. I had a dog 30 years ago with that name!! Even here in the U.S.A., I have rarely heard of Dogs with that name.

Here is a pic. of the Great Cochise I had,he lived to be 15 and that was after being shot[when I found him] and then a year later hit by a car with not much hope for survival!

He was a "Malamute" mix, probably with GSD.

Ciao,,,Roberto

Your Dog is beautiful, He and I would be honored if you take the name!

pic. of Cochise below.

OH,thats interesting cos I am the total opposite and never give my animals people names,

I quite like Bynx too but I am rubbish with suggesting names

My mother's friend's Labradoodles are called Ellie and Dave (Dave's gone to Rainbow Bridge now though :( )

And my best friend's cats are called Dave, Mickey, Brian and Will, and her guinea pigs are called Jeremy and Bruce :rofl:

I do like Cochise though :)

- Caity

My mother's friend's Labradoodles are called Ellie and Dave (Dave's gone to Rainbow Bridge now though :( )

And my best friend's cats are called Dave, Mickey, Brian and Will, and her guinea pigs are called Jeremy and Bruce :rofl:

I do like Cochise though :)

- Caity

Thank you Caity! :)   

I have a common name,,"Bob"!!!

I have always liked uncommon and different names for people and Animals.

The Native Americans were here[u.S.A.] before any of the other ethnic groups that represent my country. The Native Americans[indians] have a sad, yet Beautiful and spiritual history.

Cochise was an unbelievable leader for the Apache tribe!

Ciao,,,Roberto,,,ohh ,,Capo's full name is Capo "Cochise" Maz..

p.s. Andy is working on my signature, here are some of my pics. in the meantime!! Like you have not seen them before!

also, your 3 dogs look beautiful and I like the names you chose!!!

I've always tended to name my animals after something that's special about them - until my last three rescues, then I just kept the names they had.

Blondie was the little spaniel mix - gold colored dog and dingy as they come (think Dagwood and Blondie) so she became Blondog or Blondie.

Kalah was a stray to came by and after some interesting times she stayed.  Could not find a name for this girl so started looking for something unusual - Kalah is 'black' in Hindi, and she responded to it so she officially became "the black dog"

Misty, my "exceptional" dog (you'll understand if you've read much around here) came with the name Misty, the shelter left her collar on her when I picked her up, she responded to it so I left it - oddly enough she was one who got called "Dog!" and responded to that just as well.  I'd sometimes get odd looks when I yelled "Hey ... Dog!!" but that was her.

I'm with you, Bynx is a good name for a puppy and it's good enough to go with until you and he can agree on.  Oddly, and to me it is odd, if you try to find a name and see if he responds to it, that works a lot better than saying "Okay, you're Atzeh from now on." He'll respond, of course, but just talking around him, thinking out you'll see when he kicks his head back and seems to say "I like that!" - then you've got a name.

I think Bynx sounds and looks perfect :D unique yet easy to say. Spelled nicely too :lol: 

but here are some suggestions. Each are referring to a special thing about him that you mentioned:

1. Allegra/Allegro. It's a musical term that means "fast"

2. Loro is Javanese for "two" :) suggested it because he has two different eye colors. Might change though since he's only 10 weeks

3. Carwen is one of a few boy's names that means "love". I do think Arwen souns better though.

4. I find no interesting names in the internet that means or has something to do with "curious"... but I kept thinking of George :lol: you know, the curious george? 

5. Kaito Kid is a Japanese comic book of my childhood that tells a story about the world's best thief. He's not just any thief, he uses science and logic to plan his thefts and never fails :lol: "Kai" here means "ocean" while "To" means "soar" or "fly". So.. I don't know maybe the name means flying above the ocean

Dog

Oi !!

NO!!

and finally

Awwwwwww puppy

Why

Because that's the majority of what you will be saying to it and that's what it thinks it's name is.

I named my owner Ares because he was playing very rough when he was a pup and would literally try to attack and destroy everything, therefore his name belongs to the Greek god of war. (needless to say he goes by it :eek:)

Looking at his photo (he's such a stunner!) I'd go for something wise yet mysterious, hmmm.

Kratos is the Greek god representing strength and power;

Mars is the Roman equivalent of Ares;

Anubis is the Egyptian god of afterlife;

Horus, also originating from Ancient Egypt, is the god of sun, wind, war and protection.

Probably not really helpful because I tend to get poetic when it comes down to picking names :lol:

PS: Andy, flawless post as usual!

If we're going to go the God route...

I've always liked Odin, Thor, and Loki...all Norse gods. 

Helios was a Greek titan.

Styx is the greek titan of the underworld, he guards the river of the dead. Hades is the greek god of death and all things evil, I believe (quite suiting for a husky! lol!)

Kronos is the greek titan of time, and very evil...it is said his weapon could suck your soul out (lol, also very fitting!) His sons were Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. 

If we're going to go the God route...

I've always liked Odin, Thor, and Loki...all Norse gods. 

Helios was a Greek titan.

Styx is the greek titan of the underworld, he guards the river of the dead. Hades is the greek god of death and all things evil, I believe (quite suiting for a husky! lol!)

Like Styx :up:

I like it too. :)

But I believe its pronounced 'sticks', so that would sound weird at the dog park. "Come here, Sticks!" LOL

ha ha that's funny....

Its one of those names that looks great on paper but not when your running around chasing them down

Visions of the posh man chasing his dog that's chasing the deer....hmmm what was that dogs name again :S

It's 3 syllables long, so they'd probably end up shortening it to Komo. 

Komo by itself isn't bad, actually...

Apart from being mistaken again if shouted out loud, from a far.... "Homo" that wouldn't go down well with a six foot stocky bloke the other side of a field lol...

Sorry I am in a very strange mood today...QUITING while she's ahead

Apart from being mistaken again if shouted out loud, from a far.... "Homo" that wouldn't go down well with a six foot stocky bloke the other side of a field lol...

Sorry I am in a very strange mood today...QUITING while she's ahead

:rofl: :rofl: Toni, you're my new favorite person