Videos Of A Trainer Im Considering Hiring (Husky Videos). What Do You Think?

zoey

Here are some videos from a trainer in my area which im considering hiring. He has a lot of videos but these three videos are of huskies which is all that matters to me.

He trains using operant conditioning through positive reinforcement and correcting the things that are wrong. no pain punishments and no treats. 

its expensive as hell, so i still havent made up my mind. Im going to see him "in action" this weekend. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzcDvUy0GfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbukaJrTHMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjP9UNJLVM

Good videos. Hard to tell if he's any good without meeting him in person and having him work on my dog, though.

As for the off-leashing training, I'm not entirely sure. Mine listens when he is on his long 50 ft tether, but when he isn't on it, he doesn't listen at all and gets distracted. I think they know the difference.

It's sunday :D so how was the meeting? because I'm also unsure about the off-leash training. 

LOL still very much Saturday here in the UK and Only a few hours into Saturday over in Canada

Be patient 'Liv . . . be patient

he does seem to work wonders with the breed but I still would never be 100% confident my husky would recall. I'm assuming all those dogs were very young - Myshka was good at recall till she was around 18 months old then she decided to do her own thing. It's a lot of money, but if what we have seen is true, maybe it is worth it. Let's hope Terry let's us know how his meeting went soon

lol not sunday yet guys :P only midday saturday right now. Ill be seeing him midday tomorrow. 

for 5 weeks its was $650, and 10 weeks was $1200 :S. I probably wont do 10 weeks if I do it at all. He does a lot of military/police dog training it seems as well, so his training methods might be somewhat military/police. 

he didnt end up being at this dog park today.....:( was pretty bumed out. he said he had some family stuff to attend to. I was only going to watch him train some other people, so I guess ill have to see when hes training someone else. and try again.

But zoey did get to play in the dog park for 1.5 hours lol.

he didnt end up being at this dog park today..... :( was pretty bumed out. he said he had some family stuff to attend to. I was only going to watch him train some other people, so I guess ill have to see when hes training someone else. and try again.

But zoey did get to play in the dog park for 1.5 hours lol.

Sorry to hear that...but atleast Zoey had fun at the dog park! :)