Ares Went Ninja; Escaped.

winterchillz

I guess it was about time..

This morning around 8 AM, my grandma rushed into my room and woke me up. What I understood of her words after only 3 hours of sleep was "Dog neighbour backyard". At first I thought that she might be thinking that Ares went to the neighbour backyard while he was actually in our own. He's been roaming our yard freely for a while and  never tried to escape.

When I went downstairs, it was true, he was in the other backyard! Tried to call him a few times but he acted like he doesn't hear me. I found where he cut the fence and tried to call him there but he just wouldn't come back in. I went upstairs to grab a treat and his leash, went down but he was gone! Called him a few times and when I didn't get a reply, I went out and ran towards the street where our neighbours front door is. I found Ares sniffing around there. Called him many times, tried to make him come closer but he'd just run away and act like I don't exist! He ran right past our front door and kept on running until the next street. Chased a dog, a biker and finally settled to a trash can where he found something to eat. Snapped the leash and got him back home safely. He also smells like poop.  :angry:

Now to fix the fence and figure out what to put in front of it so he doesn't go nuts again...

Yea, he ran around the neighbourhood. God, it was funny at first when I caught him but now, even though he's safely home, I still feel nervous that I might have never seen him again..

I investigated the hole, it seems that the fence was not tied very well and he just ruined the connection between the fence and the pillar that it connects to. Will buy a few pieces of fence and steel cord and gonna fix it. Jeez, huskies!!! :eek:

It's heartstopping isn't it.

Glad you got him back safe. :up:

The lure of the trashcans, you need to go to go and thank them for putting out such smelly rubbish :)