Sciatica

Mazz

I have been suffering with sciatica for two weeks. Went to the chiropractor this past week. Seems my last vertebrae and my tailbone are out of wack, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve. This is causing pain from my lower back, across the left, and down my left leg to the knee. It hurts bad at times. Other times it feels fine. But mostly it hurts. I have had two adjustments thus far. It is better, but not quite where I want it to be. Mornings when I get up are the worst. Two more adjustments scheduled for this coming week. Hope it does some good.

Poor Dave,

I feel your pain.

I've had sciatica a few times.

and it ain't no fun.

Can't stand, can't sit, can't lay down.

Hope you get it sorted soon

Have a look into a Foam Roller, they are quite cheap, but get a good firm one. They are awesome for sciatica relief. Plenty of info on the net. Essentially you use your body weight on the foam pad to deep massage and release pressure. They are extensively used by physios on elite athletes and everyday people.

Saw the Chiro Friday afternoon. Saturday was terrible. Spent most of the day horizontal. Everytime I got up, the pain would shoot down my leg to the knee. This was on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being unbearable, about a 4. Sunday was only slightly better. Did get up and go to church. Since church yesterday, I've not had any pain whatsoever. (Don't read anything into that.) Some discomfort, but no pain. Have another Chiro appointment later this afternoon.

My Mrs has been suffering with it since January. At it's height it was totally unbearable for her. It quietened down a little during August though and has not been so much trouble, although if she puts her leg in the wrong position she soon knows about it. She cannot sit in a normal car though as the seating position is all wrong for her, hence I bought the Range Rover. Far better and no moaning, HAPPY DAYS. Hope you don't suffer as long as she has, and me.

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah