New Dog

Leyka&Diva

So I've been wanting to add a boy to my pack for a while now and ive looked at a lot of them and came across a lovely boy called Blue he's 5 years old and we are arranging to take the girls to meet him this weekend. I'm so excited!!!! tips on intergrating and adult in to my pack would be really helpful 

Thanks xx

This is Blue 

post-5861-0-03638100-1380744416_thumb.jp

Oh wow, this is what you meant by looking at boy huskies! Umm, mine were both babes when I got them but I would think letting them walk together first on neutral ground before entering your house, remove all toys and food etc... And have a separate area to hand if they need to be separated for a bit would help.....hopefully you'll get some better replies soon. :)

Edited by emma1979

Oh wow, this is what you meant by looking at boy huskies! Umm, mine were both babes when I got them but I would think letting them walk together first on neutral ground before entering your house, remove all toys and food etc... And have a separate area to hand if they need to be separated for a bit would help.....hopefully you'll get some better replies soon. :)

We are meeting half way between where we both live so definatly neutral and we have space to seperate them and crates aswell just incase. Ive only ever ingerated puppies in to a pack never an adult lol xx

We are meeting half way between where we both live so definatly neutral and we have space to seperate them and crates aswell just incase. Ive only ever ingerated puppies in to a pack never an adult lol xx

Ha ha, same here hence why i only said the basic stuff. I think really you'll end up "thinking on your feet" and playing things by ear a lot of the time. Good luck Anneka! Xx

Ha ha, same here hence why i only said the basic stuff. I think really you'll end up "thinking on your feet" and playing things by ear a lot of the time. Good luck Anneka! Xx

Thank you xx

full prepared for that (i think). doesn't feel real at the minute finally getting my not so little boy hehe xx

Well your heading in the right direction by meeting on neutral ground take them on a long walk so they are tired. Try to go to a fully enclosed area so they can run around together. Then when you take him home let them in the garden so he can wonder and get some event put down. Then pop the girls away so he can go have a sniff around then when he settles pop girls back where you are. Remember to remove all bones, toys etc feed separate till you can trust them fully. Also don't leave them together when your out till your 100% there ok together. Is he neutered at all if not be prepared for some scent marking.

I just went through this in April.  I agree to meet on neutral ground, and take all toys away!  I made that mistake and had a few fights.  They will still get into it sometimes, but for the most part they are all settled now.  Be prepared for an adventure!!

Thanks 

The meeting yesterday when great no growling or anything apart from when Blue trod on Diva so he is coming to meet them on their territory next sunday and if that goes well he will be staying xx

• 2 weeks later...