Bullying And So Called Schools Anti-Bullying Promises

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

I am so sick of this!

Time and time again my 12 year old comes home sometimes in tears because hes been bullied on the bus home.

Id pick him up but I can't drive! and I couldn't get a bus to get him because I wouldn't be able to pick my youngest up too!

Its the same nasty little bully, hes picked on him for as long as i can remember. Even when they were in primary school!

I can't talk to the parents because they are just as nasty and abusive as their children! They have 4, both parents and two kids are overweight and the parents dont work.

Yesterday he pushed him into the bloody window of the bus!

The fight was so significant a child that wasnt involved in it even reported the incident to the school!

Im still waiting for the school to ring me.

Jordons been getting off at the other stop in our village instead of the one at the end of our street, because the bully lives up our street!

Yesterday, the bully was waiting outside his house with his mum and the mum called my son a chicken!

Im sorry, I think its unappropriate for am adult to do that! Her son is much bigger than mine!

I was bullied at school, twice I got punched in the face by a boy who used to pick on me...I wasn't very popular at my lower or middle school.

Its difficult, schools cant do much, and some people just shouldn't be allowed to pro create.

which school does he go to?

I was bullied at school, twice I got punched in the face by a boy who used to pick on me...I wasn't very popular at my lower or middle school.

Its difficult, schools cant do much, and some people just shouldn't be allowed to pro create.

which school does he go to?

campion

First question, is this a school bus or a public one ? 

If it's a school one then it's for the school to deal with, if it's a public one, them it's a common assault, tell the police, let them deal with it.  At the least, the family could be given a warning,  you could even get a restraining order as the mother is now verbally harassing a child.

If this bullying is going on all day, write a letter of complaint to the chair of governors, this HAS to be read out at the next governing body meeting, entered into the official minutes and the head will have to explain what they have done/are doing.  ( usually the chair will contact the head when they get the letter and light a fire under them,  those minutes go to the board of education !)

Most buses now have CCTV so contact the company about the video footage.

Worse comes to worse, is there another school he can transfer to ? 

second question, are you a council tenant ? Are they ?  If so register a neighbour dispute.

First question, is this a school bus or a public one ? 

If it's a school one then it's for the school to deal with, if it's a public one, them it's a common assault, tell the police, let them deal with it.  At the least, the family could be given a warning,  you could even get a restraining order as the mother is now verbally harassing a child.

If this bullying is going on all day, write a letter of complaint to the chair of governors, this HAS to be read out at the next governing body meeting, entered into the official minutes and the head will have to explain what they have done/are doing.  ( usually the chair will contact the head when they get the letter and light a fire under them,  those minutes go to the board of education !)

Most buses now have CCTV so contact the company about the video footage.

Worse comes to worse, is there another school he can transfer to ? 

second question, are you a council tenant ? Are they ?  If so register a neighbour dispute.

thanks for the tips.

its a school bus big double decker.

jordon has been writing written accounts of everything that happens.

my only option now is really to meet him from the bus, which is ridiculous! and could lead to more bullying and tbh my prescence wont stop anything the verbal abuse will still happen.

still waiting for my phonecall.......................

This boils my blood, I had a look at the website, the chair of governors name is John Baylis and you can contact him through the clerk of governors helen monaghan at h.monaghan@champion.northants.sch.uk. 

If you really want to upset the Apple cart, CC jlwood@Northamptonshire.gov.uk,  it's the council's anti-bullying and equalities officer, there's actually a letter of praise on the website, so they REALLY won't want this escalating.

When you write, stick to the point, outline previous contact with the school and what they have promised/failed to do.

Good luck

This boils my blood, I had a look at the website, the chair of governors name is John Baylis and you can contact him through the clerk of governors helen monaghan at h.monaghan@champion.northants.sch.uk.

If you really want to upset the Apple cart, CC jlwood@Northamptonshire.gov.uk, it's the council's anti-bullying and equalities officer, there's actually a letter of praise on the website, so they REALLY won't want this escalating.

When you write, stick to the point, outline previous contact with the school and what they have promised/failed to do.

Good luck

thankyou. You have made me cry with your kindness x

i know my boy isnt well behaved and has been known to wind people up.

But he doesnt deserve to be bullied x

nobody does :( thumbs up to Sarah for those email addresses :) Lou, do keep us posted xxx I want to hear how that bully family gets a lesson about what's appropriate and what's not  :angry:

Silly A@@,  unlike a lot of people I'm lucky enough to be at home all day, ( I DO NOT sit on my butt all day eating bonbons and watching Jeremy Kyle lol, I like judge Judy !)  And weirdly, this sort of stuff I enjoy.

As for your boy, of course he winds people up, he's a teenager, it's part of the job description.  They do grow out of it, eventually, I hope, lol. (My boys 18) 

And no he doesn't deserve to be bullied, no one does, been there got the t-shirt etc, with both of mine.  I know it's not cheap but have you thought about some sort of self-defense ?  Karate ? Judo ?  It really helped my boy.

Are there any other kids from campion that get off the bus, could they come home together ? Ask your son if any other kids at the school are being bullied by this boy, if so can you get in touch with the parents, with this sort of thing strength in numbers is really helpful.  

Silly A@@, unlike a lot of people I'm lucky enough to be at home all day, ( I DO NOT sit on my butt all day eating bonbons and watching Jeremy Kyle lol, I like judge Judy !) And weirdly, this sort of stuff I enjoy.

As for your boy, of course he winds people up, he's a teenager, it's part of the job description. They do grow out of it, eventually, I hope, lol. (My boys 18)

And no he doesn't deserve to be bullied, no one does, been there got the t-shirt etc, with both of mine. I know it's not cheap but have you thought about some sort of self-defense ? Karate ? Judo ? It really helped my boy.

Are there any other kids from campion that get off the bus, could they come home together ? Ask your son if any other kids at the school are being bullied by this boy, if so can you get in touch with the parents, with this sort of thing strength in numbers is really helpful.

again useful advice.

Ive struggled with his behaviour and anger and attacking myself and his sister so im not sure anyting like thas a great idea.

again useful advice.

Ive struggled with his behaviour and anger and attacking myself and his sister so im not sure anyting like thas a great idea.

Actually Louise, this might actually help with his anger. Martial arts teach discipline and respect not just beating the cr*p out of people. It also provides an outlet for the pent up aggression. Might be worth looking into?

Sending hugs your way Louise, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. :(

Edited by emma1979