1, 2, 3, 4, 5, . . . . . . . 7,999!

Mazz

This marks my 7,999th post on this forum, one shy of 8,000.  When I look at that number, I have to wonder; why is this even significant?  Well really it's not significant because that's all it is, a number.  Does not make me any more an authority, any more knowledgeable, any more experienced than someone who has a mere few posts.  And in comparison to some like Nix, Sarah, Andy, and others well known around these parts, 7,999 is a drop in the bucket.

So it's not about bragging rights, because I have nothing to brag about, and therefore, no right to brag.  It's not about one-ups-manship, because frankly, that's not my style.  It's about opportunity.  Making this milestone gives me the opportunity to say thanks. 

Thanks to Marc, Sarah, Dunc, and the rest of the staff for running one of the best forums I've had the pleasure of belonging to.  And I mean that most sincerely.  Husky-Owners, is simply the best.  But it's so much more than just a forum.  Anyone can start up a forum, but it takes a special touch to mold and form that forum into what Husky-Owners has become.  Hats off to you all!!!

Thanks to all the members who are active.  You make this place hum.  Without you, where would any of us be?  You provide the catalyst that forms friendships within the forum. Some of those friendships extend out past the forum as well.  You give your time, knowledge, and expertise, so that others less informed, can actually be educated about the breed and step away knowing more than when they first logged in.

Thanks to the members who are not so active.  You provide an audience when we think no body is listening.  You think you are hidden from view, but we know you are there.  And so when we post, we do so with you in mind as well.  You see, we all were once like you; busy with other things, perhaps a bit timid or unsure, unsure of who all these people were.  But trust me, this forum does not come down on you like a ton of bricks as you may have experience with other forums.  Husky-Owners is indeed, a very friendly place.  So come on in, sit down, let's share a pot of coffee and get to discussing Huskies.

And finally, THANKS to all the Huskies, who continue to amaze, inspire, evoke, frustrate, incite, challenge, and love us for who we are no matter what.  For without them, all is for naught.

Now go Hug your Husky before I post for the 8,000th time.

Awwwww Dave.

You've Been a Calming backbone for this community too.

When heads are butting up against each, In comes Dave to calm the way with the wisest of council.

It's the people like YOU Dave that keep this place going.

So Hats off to you too.

and Happy 8000th  Post

Onwards for the next 8000 :wave1: