Why Does He Do It?

kchesney8

My 2 yr old will grab the puppy by the back of her neck and try and drag her when they play.  Every time he does it I grab him by his scruff of the neck and squeeze.  I know he knows he is not supposed to do it cause he will look right at me and then do it.  Any ideas on why he does it to her?  She is only 13 weeks old.  

Could be him dominating her , could just be playing , mine like to grab each others scruffs during play too so long as they aren't physically hurting each other I leave them to it , any one yelps n they are separated to calm down abit

Mine are the same, and I have to say, 90% of the time the little one starts it.  It's scary as he'll to watch but I found there were times it sounded like he was killing her and he wasn't even touching her ( up until about a week ago she couldn't get on the bed, I came running in because she was yelping like crazy and she was yelping not because he was chewing on her but because he was up on the bed and she couldn't get to him !)  After that I watched a little more and yelled a little less lol.  

Thanks everyone.  She doesn't yelp she just kinda lays there.  She is usually not afraid to stand her ground.  I've never had 2 dogs before so it's all new to me.  Tuff usually plays with my brothers dog who is the same age as him so I know she can handle Tuff's rough play wasn't sure Aspen could.  I guess I will just let it run it's course and only come in and play ref is she yelps.  Thanks again.