Luna ~ 18 Months On!

Martian999

Hi There,

Its been a little while since I last posted, (new job and being kept very busy), so I thought it was time for a brief resume.

April 2012 - Collected Luna from Dog Rescue Centre in Doncaster, (Luna had been starved and badly treated - why)?

Luna settled in immediately and presented us with no problems whatsoever.

April 2012 - One day later Luna bit Cassie, (Do-lally Labradoodle), during a feeding time dispute, (slight reservations as to what we had taken on)?

Otherwise Luna was becoming the 'perfect' pet and showed no further malice towards Cassie.

June 2012 - Luna's first leap over our 7 foot fence chasing after a, (somewhat suprised), Cat but my wife managed to collect her and bring her home a few moments later.

Return of previous 'what have we let ourselves in for' sensation but, otherwise, Luna is otherwise still the perfect pet.

July 2012 - Luna's second leap after our 7 foot fence chasing after a, (should have known better), cheeky Cat but my wife managed to collect her and bring her home a few minutes later.

Now starting to look at the price of 8 foot fence panels!

August 2012 - Lisa, (Sprollie - Collie/Spaniel cross), another rescue pooch joined the household as we were asked to give her a chance of a happy home for the first time in her 3 year life.

August 2012 - One day later Luna bit Lisa, (drawing blood and requiring a visit to the vet with Lisa), as Lisa pushed her way past Luna as Luna was eating.

Prepared to forgive Luna as Lisa was at fault and Luna was simply teaching Lisa an important lesson and vet was not overly concerned stating that 'they would sort themselves out'.

There was no point itemising the months from this point, onwards, as Luna has become the most loyal, affectionate, playful, vocal dog that we could ever have asked for.

She has bonded well with both Cassie and Lisa and they often join me on my regular training runs, (regularly running my favourite 5 mile countryside route at the back of our house).

I have never known such an affectionate animal and she has a very varied vocabulary and is not afraid to use it.

Once outside the house, however, she becomes a completely different animal as she immediately transforms into a hunting machine and will pay little attention to me or the rest of the pack.

But, once we return to the 'den', her demeanor reverts back to 'family mode' and if there was ever a Husky that could embarress the breed, (by being so soft and affectionate), Luna is that Husky.

She is the perfect companion, totally obedient, faithful, vocal, very amusing at times, empathetic and intelligent.

Anybody considering sharing their lives with one of these fine creatures should grasp such an opportunity with both hands and go for it.

Just like any other breed the Husky has certain traits and behavioural patterns that need to be understood and considered, (prior to making that final decision), but you will then be rewarded by the most wonderful symbiotic relationship!

Regards to all of the other forum members as this is a great site and apologies for such a long post in the 'Introductions' section.

Martian, Luna, Cassie and Lisa.

Welcome back :D Good to hear that Luna is doing well.

As for the completely different animal outdoors, You should consider doing some training outdoors (heel, recall, stop, leave it (the animal if she has a high prey drive) to get her used to listening to you outside :).

Should be a walk in the park after you got those down. :D