Walkydog

Chula

I hooked up the walkydog to my bike today. First we just walked next to it for a bit, then we got to a flat grassy area and I got on and we toodled along at her walking speed. It was awesome! She was really good, she only freaked out once when a huge dog came barreling up to the fence and barked.

We haven't gotten sharp turns down yet, especially left turns, but it was overall a success. I'm hopeful that I can take her on short little jaunts now to get her used to it so that in a few months we can really enjoy it. Highly recommend. Easy to attach and seems to do a good job of absorbing her little pulls.

Even though we only were out for 15 minutes she was tired!

Wow, good for you! Just try not to push her too hard - her joints are still growing. :)

I think I may try running the dog on the bike again soon...the last time I tried it didn't turn out so well. I'm thankful my parents drilled it into me to wear a helmet everytime I ride...

Yep we weren't really running. It was the same pace as when we walk fast in the mornings. And for now we will do it on the grass field at the park. I definitely do not want to push her. Just short trips to get her used to it.

When you do get up to biking, I would suggest buying some "Mushers Secret".  Its like a really thick petroleum jelly you put on their paws if you are running on concrete or harsh surfaces.  That way her pads won't get sore.  OR you can buy the booties but I have heard complaints that they always fall off

If you do, use a paper towel to apply it to her paws, and keep a wash rag to wipe her paws when you are done, because it can get quite messy.  It's pretty cheap too!  http://www.amazon.com/Mushers-Secret-Pet-Protector-7-Ounce/dp/B0002XIZXY

I was just thinking about this yesterday, actually. I do not want her little paws to get wrecked. I don't think booties will be popular with her though! Will have to look into the musher's secret.

I also use Musher's Secret so thats a 10/10 review from me, always helps protect Link's pads :D I apply it every time before we go biking, though since we didn't bike very much during the summer I may start doing it twice/once a week since we'll be biking a lot with the cool temperatures. Can't wait to get my 2-dog line, then I can really start biking! Erm but anyway a good thing to do now is use commands when you go around the turns so when you have her lead in front (if you ever do) she will already know the commands from running alongside. Yuki is 14 months and just now went on her first bike ride that was the exact conditions you said - no pulling, just walking and getting used to the bike and the commands on a grass surface. I'm super paranoid though and haven't even gone running with her yet even though she technically can lol

Make sure that you REALLY tighten the connector under the seat.

When she does get up to some speed (in a few months :))

if the connector isn't rock solid tight it will move and interfere with your legs.