Bear's Fun Dog Show Prizes!

Emma

We took Bear to a local fundraising dog show today and for the first time decided to be brave and enter her into a few catergories for fun.  We weren't really expecting to win anything as there were a lot of dogs there and Bear's soooo bouncy and cheeky that we didn't think she really stood a chance!

the first fun competition we entered was for most adorable eyes, Bear was a nightmare in the line up, she spent more time waving her bum in the judges face than her actucal eyes as she wanted to jump on the other dogs that were in the competition!  Somehow she still managed to place in with a 6th place rosette?!   

Secondly was the competition for best rescue dog, she was much more settled this time and not nearly so restless.  We told our story to the judge about how she was thrown off the back of the van in front of my hubby on his way home one night and how she's slowly learnt to love and be loved.  She placed third this time!

Now we were on a bit of a roll, so we entered the final competition of Judges Favourite which was the most busiest by far, dogs everywhere!  Bear was gentle with the judge and not particularly interested in fussing her as she didn't like that her daddy was standing back on the other side of the show ring and kept trying to go find him!  Out of about 20+ dogs, Bear managed to Place 5th!  So got another rosette! 

Which meant she won something in every round she entered!  Had I of known this was going to happen I'd of entered her into everything!  lmao.  So that was the story of Bear's first dog show, didn't she do well?!!   She's now exhausted and laying on the floor sleeping, I think she had fun! 

post-6386-0-75551800-1381091120_thumb.jp                             post-6386-0-37567300-1381091131_thumb.jp

Yay well done bear. Omg wonder what story won 1st then?!

The person who won first place told the judges that she had depression and that her dog saved her life and that dog shows are what help her get through the day. A reverse rescue of sorts but to be honest I found it a bit hard to swallow, maybe I'm being cynical here but she laid it on so thick with a trowel that it didn't wholly ring true. Was a gorgeous dog though, so fair play to them.

The person who won first place told the judges that she had depression and that her dog saved her life and that dog shows are what help her get through the day. A reverse rescue of sorts but to be honest I found it a bit hard to swallow, maybe I'm being cynical here but she laid it on so thick with a trowel that it didn't wholly ring true. Was a gorgeous dog though, so fair play to them.

Personally yours would have been a better one for me.