Another Uni Rant

mydiamond

Received an e-mail from michigan state uni yesterday. They say the high school transcript I sent them is not official :( the envelope needs to bear the school's seal and they also need a handwritten signature of the principal. Well I asked for it, but my school's principal is adamant that all I need is a stamped signature :( so now I gotta repeat the whole tiring, costly process again and hopefully get the documents sorted before November. *sigh* :( I wish the uni's official website is not as confusing! 

I don't know about Indonesia, but when I was in Japan as mans "chop" was considered as valid as his signature. ( The "chop" was a stylized stamp, sometimes bearing the signature, sometimes not even close )

And welcome to the world of "American Red Tape" - those absolutely worthless rules that, for some reason, people seem to think so very, very important.

If it is any consolation, Michigan State has a very good football team. Keep the pressure on Olivia.

thanks for the support guys :) my school's been nice enough to not only provide an envelope bearing the school's seal, they will also mail it for me :wub: mail them, actually.. because I'm also applying to Ohio University as a back-up. And gosh I have just noticed that it IS a hand-written signature! It's just that the principal is using a drawing pen instead of a regular ballpoint. How can the folks at MSU's admission office not see that?  :huh:

EDIT: Btw Mazz, I suck at sports LOL so while it's good to hear their football team is very good, there's no chance of me joining or even watching the game :lol: 

Because.. pssst, we don't have football in Indonesia. We don't know how it works! :shrug: 

Good Luck Olivia.

and. . . 

Oh, yeah what Dave refers to as Football is actually

"Hand-Egg" they don't use the feet other than for running into each other.

They carry the ball in their hands

and the "Ball" is egg shaped.

Over here we play Football in which the players control the spherical Ball with their feet.

I hope this helps :P

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Went through the whole tiring process all over again just now. There was a pretty long delay as you can see... I was on mid-term test week so I'd have to drop this whole thing for a while if I want to graduate high school D:  I can no longer remember when's the last time I ate my lunch in peace because I have to run back and forth between my class and the vice principal's office. Plus have I mentioned that my lunch time only lasts 15 minutes :huskyfall: anyways I got both documents mailed today. Tempted to mail it tomorrow because US Dollar's exchange rate is on the rise atm, but would I risk it? No. So that's two documents going to two different addresses in a country 18 hours of plane trip away. 1.500.000 Rupiahs please :S in today's exchange rate that would be 132 US Dollars :( plus the 700.000 rupiahs I wasted on the first shipping that would be USD$194 :( for document shipping alone! 

I sure wish I can find a good job after college and pay back all these expenses. I can't believe I actually spent that amount of money in the matter of minutes. Heck, the shipping agency's staff actually asked me "are you sure? it would cost you more than a million rupiahs". To which I replied "well yeah what options do I have this is for college". 

So either way we will be neighbors LOL

Michigan is much colder than Ohio and typically gets more snow, except for the area around Cleveland.  You will learn what "Lake Effect Snow" means :D

Yay LOL I thought oh no why none of you lives in Michigan or Ohio :lol: seriously though I don't know which one I'm gonna pick... both universities sound awesome and both states sound similar too

Google says East Lansing is 4 hours away from Cleveland does that mean I'm close?  :o 

aww no I hate the cold I'd walk around with blankets up to my eyes :( I do adapt pretty quickly though. It'd also be nice to see Dime running in snow (yes I'm bringing him over)  :D I'm sure he's fed-up with our tropical weather already. My mom's friend says that "Michigan is pretty much a rural area and Ohio is more modern". Well I don't know I LOVE farm life plenty of spacious places with little to no people around!  :D but everything is easier to find in a city :huskyfall:

Gosh I guess I'd just wait and see which university admits me LOL

You said it was Ohio State or Michigan State, right?  They are about 4 hours from each other, and Michigan State is about 3 hours from me, and Columbus, OH where Ohio state is, is about 5 hours from where I am at.  I am right at the southern tip of Lake Michigan, about 30 miles southeast of Chicago. 

I would say generally Michigan is more rural than Ohio in general, but it all depends on where in the state your located.  The population of Columbus is almost 1 million, and East Lansing is about 50,000, so a big difference!

As for weather, it is much warmer in Columbus!  Columus only gets about 20 inches of snow a year while East Lansing is more like 60 inches. 

no it's Ohio University without the "state" :P did I say "state"?  :o my brain is not working right LOL it's located in Athens

EDIT: I live in a 2.500.000 population town and although I swear I'd miss Malang, I hate it right now. There are just way too many people! 50,000 sounds like a ghost town atm because I'm used to the crowd.. but idk 1 mil population town isn't that just a "home away from home" LOL decisions, decisions! :huskyfall:

No, you just said Ohio, I assumed it was OH state lol

Then that is a big difference.  Athens is a real small town!  And it looks way further south so you will get very little snow!

Athens is about 6 hours from where I am. 

no it's Ohio University without the "state" :P did I say "state"?  :o my brain is not working right LOL it's located in Athens

EDIT: I live in a 2.500.000 population town and although I swear I'd miss Malang, I hate it right now. There are just way too many people! 50,000 sounds like a ghost town atm because I'm used to the crowd.. but idk 1 mil population town isn't that just a "home away from home" LOL decisions, decisions! :huskyfall:

eeeek can't wait!! Fingers crossed I hope I get admitted... 

oh and diamond won't be coming over for until my third year :( uni rule says freshmen have to stay in a non pet friendly student housing for 2 years :( those first years I can imagine going home on every holiday LOL but hey that means I have more time to take care of all his documents

Awe!  Well if you want your husky fix you can come over and pet sit for my 3 yayhoos  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

eeeek can't wait!! Fingers crossed I hope I get admitted... 

oh and diamond won't be coming over for until my third year :( uni rule says freshmen have to stay in a non pet friendly student housing for 2 years :( those first years I can imagine going home on every holiday LOL but hey that means I have more time to take care of all his documents

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Gotta update this thread again :( so it's been a little over a week since my documents were mailed. They SHOULD have arrived on Sunday but none of the two universities is willing to at least tell me whether they have received the mail or not :( I know they receive tons of mails every day and they have already stated they need at least 14 days to process documents, but come on... Can't they at least e-mail me once they see an envelope with my name on their desk? I panic really easily and I'm just scared my documents got lost, stuck on customs or anything like that :huskyfall: worse yet the shipping agency I used can't track packages and even if they promised to call me once the packet made it to destination they never did :( :( I still don't have time to drop by and ask them directly at their office :( *sigh* I'm sick of waiting. Almost all of my friends are admitted already whereas I have to wait until January or December  :(

UPDATE

Gotta update this thread again :( so it's been a little over a week since my documents were mailed. They SHOULD have arrived on Sunday but none of the two universities is willing to at least tell me whether they have received the mail or not :( I know they receive tons of mails every day and they have already stated they need at least 14 days to process documents, but come on... Can't they at least e-mail me once they see an envelope with my name on their desk? I panic really easily and I'm just scared my documents got lost, stuck on customs or anything like that :huskyfall: worse yet the shipping agency I used can't track packages and even if they promised to call me once the packet made it to destination they never did :( :( I still don't have time to drop by and ask them directly at their office :( *sigh* I'm sick of waiting. Almost all of my friends are admitted already whereas I have to wait until January or December  :(

Don't worry, I was like that when I first applied. I was a nervous wreck, but once I got into a university (even though it wasn't my first choice), I was so excited! It took them over 2 months to process my application, don't worry about it.

Its a huge milestone, and although you have alot of work ahead of you...its important to know that Uni prepares you for real life: sucky and often unfair. LOL