Bye Buddy :(

Chula

Well, my friend put her dog Buddy to sleep today. I am so heartbroken for her. He was 13, and he lived a good life, but I know she is just gutted. Part of me can't help but wonder if that's why Chula has been so "off" - like she knew this was imminent. I know that's crazy since they live five blocks away. Buddy was Chula's first and only real doggie friend.

The first time they met, Chu was only about 3 months old and she climbed all over him. Buddy was a patient old guy and put up with her annoying puppy behaviors. She loved to go to his house and take all his toys and stick her whole head in his mouth. He would come over and visit us and always chose the tiniest purple pig chew toy to sit in the grass and chew on. Chu would sneak up and steal it away trying to get old buddy to chase her, but he was just too sore and slow. Poor Buddy. RIP my old man.

And I'm just sitting here in my office crying because I can only imagine how much she is hurting. 

PZZaZnVl.jpg

kwW8LIfl.jpg

EWusS69l.jpg

z5InLlrl.jpg

RIP Buddy.

Run Free

Chula will miss you now,

But you'll be there to guide her when her time comes.

You've written enough about the friendship between the two dogs that I almost feel as if they were yours.  It's always sad when a dog reaches the time where the best thing we can do is to let it go home - or let it wait for us at the bridge. 

There's an expression that "so long as just one person remembers then they're not really gone ..." I'm thinking it will be a long time ...