A Little Too Unique

mydiamond

I wonder if we've ever had a thread like this before? Anyways, what's the weirdest dog name you have ever heard? :P It doesn't have to be really weird but... well, as the title suggests, it might just be a little too unique. I like to think Indonesia is the world's number one inventor of dog names that are "a little too unique" and utterly meaningless :lol: in our culture, a pet should be named with a meaningless word that is easy to say and easy to remember. Even if the name has a meaning usually it's an "obvious name" that refers to the dog's physical appearance. Like "Blackie"--which is our all-time most popular dog name. Diamond also got his name through this culture of ours. I'm just glad his breeder is smart enough to pick the diamond-shaped marking instead of his black coat LOL or else we'll end up with yet another "Blackie" :eek:

So without further ado, my "a little too unique" dog names list:

1. Pom-pom is a male Mini Pomeranian that belongs to a friend that told me about Diamond. He is the first dog that made me realize our pet-naming culture isn't really that great after all :lol:

2. "Husky" is a male Siberian Husky that is featured in a dog training website's breed profile. I forgot what the site is called now but I remember how I triple-checked my eyes LOL and yes, I didn't read it wrong. His name IS "Husky"  :huh:

3. Nyit-nyit is a guard dog in my school. She's a senior domestic dog that is "victim" of Indonesian's pet-naming culture :lol: as you can see, her name is obviously meaningless. It's just a fun word to say. Although I gotta admit when I call her it kinda sounds like an old wooden door creaking. "Nyeeet... Come here, nyeet..." :shrug:

4. Wowa is a female Chihuahua that used to live near my house. She likes to chase people who walk past her door while barking and baring her teeth :mellow: aggressive little yappy thing LOL gotta be honest I dislike her. The "O" in her name is pronounced like the "O" in "lock". So yeah it's not a fun word to say in fact rather hard to pronounce. I still can't figure out how her owner managed to not bite her tongue when she's running down the street calling the escaped Chihuahua

5. Crollie, a teenage husky I used to walk every afternoon, is another victim. Not only the neighborhood kids laugh at how his name rhymes with "trolley", it also takes an effort to call him. The "R" stucks on your tongue really! Try it LOL try to say "Crollie, no!" quickly. Oh and since he's a teenager, try to say it five times in a row. After a while you'd notice you're actually pronouncing it "Collie" :lol:  

Until recently there hasn't been an Echo on here

and Darwin and Daughtry are deffo unique. :D

I still like the simply "Harry" :lol: That and most normal humans names. At the shelter we have the common names like Blacky, Spike, Diesel, Wodan and Max, but also plenty of uncommon ones like Shay, Didi, Tazz, Shiva, Xana, etc. Unique but short enough to remember and there is no confusion of pronunciation.

A new puppy was found earlier today and for a moment hesitated to name him Onhandige Willem (Clumsy Willem) because that's really what he is, lol.

Our neighbour's cat is called Pientje. She's... funny to say at least. She likes a select few of people and dislikes the rest. We have started calling her Pitbull Pientje  :rofl:

"Cloud". Hey, in all fairness, he's named after a Final Fantasy character, but most people think its like a 'cloud in the sky' and that its the silliest name ever haha.

Yeah, but cloud does look like a fluffy little white cloud :P

I've never seen another husky with the name 'Suka' before, so I guess that's pretty unique.

When I volunteered at the shelter, I've seen some...odd names.

Sunny - name for a husky/GSD cross. To be fair, though...it was light yellow/tan in colour. 
Charlie - A white GSD, and the dog I wanted to adopt before Suka came along. 
Bobby - A Border Collie/black lab cross.

"Cloud". Hey, in all fairness, he's named after a Final Fantasy character, but most people think its like a 'cloud in the sky' and that its the silliest name ever haha.

I knew he was named after Cloud Strife the moment I heard his name :lol: I still don't know if it's my geeky side acting up or us unconsciously communicating through telepathy :rolleyes:  

not a dog name but my mom works with a man called Bruno :P

so is this our world now LOL dogs with people's names and people with dog names? :rofl:

Couple of weeks ago a new intern joined for a week named Dana. It was so confusing for me to call Dana and have a human turn up  :rofl:

Couple of weeks ago a new intern joined for a week named Dana. It was so confusing for me to call Dana and have a human turn up  :rofl:

:doglaugh: