Possible Chicken Intolerance?

Devildust76

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone had come across this with any of their fur-kids? Kodiak has had a really bad tummy since yesterday and the only thing we can put it down to is the fact that he had some chicken (cooked not raw) on Tuesday evening before this all started. To compound matters as he had an upset stomach I gave him boiled chicken and rice as a bland meal and he is even worse this morning :( Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can feed him to calm his tummy? I was thinking of just giving him rice so that he has eaten something????

dog owners always swear by pumpkin. either fresh (boiled or steamed & then mashed) or tinned, natural style without sugar n spices. Mixed in with probiotic yoghurt & some plain rice.

ps/ dogs stomach acid are super strong, it digests bones & stuff! apparently thats why dogs dont get salmonella posioning. !  i doubt it was the cooked chicken that gave him the runs...but i guess you never know why sometimes with runny poo....so many other possibilities.

dog owners always swear by pumpkin. either fresh (boiled or steamed & then mashed) or tinned, natural style without sugar n spices. Mixed in with probiotic yoghurt & some plain rice.

ps/ dogs stomach acid are super strong, it digests bones & stuff! apparently thats why dogs dont get salmonella posioning. ! i doubt it was the cooked chicken that gave him the runs...but i guess you never know why sometimes with runny poo....so many other possibilities.

Thanks for this :) I know all the normal stuff about their tummies but Kodiak has suffered like this before and the only thing we can pin point that he's had differently is always chicken. Some dogs are intolerant to it (if you can believe what Google says) and as many of us give rice and chicken for an upset stomach I wondered what the alternatives are? Pumpkin in a can is almost impossible to find in most UK stores but luckily it's Halloween soon so I should be able to buy one and cook and freeze it for these moments. At the moment he won't eat anything anyway so I will try him with some later today.

With my girls i usually starve them for 24 hours and then try the chicken and rice usually works fine that way. my sister uses tuna and rice for one of her's as he is allegic to chicken xx

yes simon had the same issue with keiko just before camp upset tummy and violent pooing tryd chicken and rice then just rice nothing worked so just feed him raw once a day 3 thighs and that worked and he is back to solid now for kodiak i would say roughly 5 or 6 coz of his size hope this helps 

You can also substitute ground beef for chicken. Just get the kind that has the least amount of fat , boil it and mix it with the rice

I think the only reason people suggest to add chicken to the rice is to get the dog to eat it. It's the rice that helps, so u can also try plain rice

I've also given my dogs pepto to help with upset tummies

Thanks for all of the advice guys. Knew I could rely on you :) I also spoke to our vet who said similar things :)

He's had some plain boiled rice and is now flat out on the couch! Kala obviously had to get involved and decided to join us!!! As a side note. Kodiak has got horrific gas at the mo! Poor belly :(

Posted Image

Thanks for all of the advice guys. Knew I could rely on you :) I also spoke to our vet who said similar things :)

He's had some plain boiled rice and is now flat out on the couch! Kala obviously had to get involved and decided to join us!!! As a side note. Kodiak has got horrific gas at the mo! Poor belly :(

a6upasa9.jpg

Totally off topic but i love Kala's goggles  :wub:  hehe

a6upasa9.jpg

They both look HUGE!!!! Poor Kodiak, it is always awful when the furkids get sick :( hopefully he clears up soon and it back to normal.