When Will The Shedding Stop?

Clare70

Whilst this isn't a problem, ok it's getting a bit tiresome now, can anybody tell me how long the 'shedding' period goes on for?

Harry has been losing his top coat for what seems like an age now, probably 3 odd weeks. I brush him every day, but I only have to look at him and he's standing in a cloud of white fluff. It seems to more of the top coat rather than the short downy fur, each hair is of the long type not the short and fluffy.

I've been using a pronged metal brush, the type with plastic or rubber balls on the end and a metal comb. Both seem to work quite well but I don't know why I'm bothering as he's just constantly losing hair.

Thankfully I'm not the house proud type and it has finally begun getting colder here in France, so hoping that will mean he'll get his winter coat soon.

I'm just curious :)

Thanks

Lol it gets better though it isn't constantly bad shedding all the time but i find i have to hoover every day no matter what really... though i must admit the winter is alot better as they get their thick winter coat and dont shed AS much then!

This is what I'm hoping! In the summer when we first got Harry and it was very hot, he didn't really seem to shed much hair. Just the past 3 weeks or so I could hoover twice a day, but I don't, we have just had to get used to it :)

I don't think it's possible he can lose any more hair, I have to empty the hoover every other day and when he's brushed I can usually fill a plastic shopping bag!

I'm not familiar with France's typical weather, so... what's your town's average temperature? If it's pretty warm, be prepared the shedding may never stop  :rolleyes: is Harry an inside or an outside dog? Inside dogs tend to shed more but usually the difference isn't too significant.

They can "Blow" anywhere from 1 month to 2 months. in duration.

and they will look Skinny when they are done.

However they do shed all year round, (normal day to day fur loss)

but they have 2 "Blows" per year where the entire undercoat sheds off

will it stop ?  humm I've  had Juno for 3 years now and yet to see it stop LOL   there is always something on my floor to vac up, or if you just pet her, there will always be a small amount to toss out. I took her to the vet the other night for her check up and it looked like she had just pushed all this hair right out of her.  so, no it dont stop LOL

Harry is an inside dog, so guess it will be worse! Temps here are similar to South east UK, just more extreme, so hotter when it's hot and colder when its cold.

He does look skinny at the moment, particularly round his backside. Fingers crossed it's nearly done :)