Sponsors - Whats It All About?

Marc

Hi Guys,

Seen a few messages floating around to members of staff and been asked a few myself regarding site sponsors, what its all about, what they get and so on. So thought it would be a good time to post about the site sponsors status and how you can get it if you wish to do so.

SITE SPONSORS

First of all what is a site sponsor? A site sponsor is a member who contributes toward the cost of the forum on a monthly basis at a value of £5, £10, £15, or £20. The reason we give special status and access in return for this is that these are what keeps the forum running. The forum costs a lot of money each and every month to keep running, some of which is actually paid personally by myself and Sarah however we could not even think about keeping it going if we had to pay it all. So this is just our thankyou for helping us to keep it running for all of you.

WHAT DO YOU GET?

Yeah ok, so the important bit :D What do you get if you become a site sponsor of the forum. Well there are some currently existing features, along with some more which are going to be implemented very shortly (probably even tonight), and so here they are:

1.ADVERTS REMOVED

All adverts with the exception of our official sponsor (Indi-Dog) will be removed from the forum.

post-1-0-75014400-1381772028_thumb.png

2.SPONSORS SECTION

You will have access to the sponsors section where upcoming things on the forum are posted first and some things are discussed with sponsors before they enter the rest of the forum for view

post-1-0-77091900-1381772035_thumb.png

3.STAFF ROOM

As not all things are member confidential we post most of our staff chatter within this section. Although you cannot comment in this area you can see everything the staff are talking about, including some items which may not even ever make it to the forum and upcoming ideas we are discussing for the forum going forward.

post-1-0-73905700-1381772036_thumb.png

4.BLUE COLOURED USERNAME AND "S" SYMBOL

This kinda speaks for itself

post-1-0-23376200-1381772026.png

5.ALTERNATE FORUM THEMES

There are currently another 5 themes that can be used on the forum which are only available to site sponsors. These can be selected at the bottom of the forum when you have the sponsor status.

post-1-0-95256300-1381772049_thumb.pngpost-1-0-93580600-1381772045_thumb.pngpost-1-0-90265300-1381772042_thumb.pngpost-1-0-38809900-1381772039_thumb.pngpost-1-0-34615100-1381772037_thumb.pngpost-1-0-75231500-1381772186_thumb.pngpost-1-0-26381200-1381772190_thumb.png

6.RAFFLE

Sarah occasionally holds free to enter raffles for site sponsors where you can enter for a doggy treat.

7.SPONSOR DIARIES

You will notice some members have their very own section within the site sponsors diaries area of the forum. These can be requested to be set up when you are a site sponsor and you can use these sections as you wish. Anyone can reply in these sections but only the owner of that section can create a new topic, so the direction that your section takes is really up to you.

8.PROFILE CUSTOMISATION

Sponsors can customise their profile pages to have their own background if they wish to do so.

post-1-0-57470600-1381772026_thumb.png

9.FLOOD CONTROL REDUCTION

To save the forum resources there is a flood control setting on the forum meaning that you cannot search for things within 20 seconds of a previous search. This is reduced to only 5 seconds for sponsors (same as members of staff).

10.MESSENGER STORAGE

Currently all members can store a maximum of 50 personal messages within the messenger area. For sponsors this maximum has been increased to 150.

11.ATTACHMENTS IN MESSENGER - NEW

New to site sponsors only. You can now attach files within the messenger system. Handy if you need to send something across to another individual.

post-1-0-94936800-1381772024_thumb.png

12.GALLERY UPLOAD SIZE

Members can upload to the public gallery an image of max 2048kb (2mb) in size. Sponsors can upload one up to 3072kb (3mb) in size.

13.GALLERY UPLOADS PER DAY

Members can upload up to 10240kb (10mb) per day in total to the gallery, limiting the upload to 10 images on any given day. Sponsors are completely unrestricted on this and can upload as many as they like on a single day if they wish to do so.

14.GALLERY ALBUMS

Members can upload to the public gallery, however sponsors can create their own public albums which show up in the gallery, allowing you to categorise your images as you wish.

post-1-0-36500200-1381772022_thumb.png

15.GALLERY COMMENTS/EDITS

Sponsors are allowed to edit their own comments and images if they wish to do so. 

post-1-0-69675000-1381772027_thumb.png

16.MEMBER TITLES

Member title changing now updates peoples automatically and nobody can change these. However site sponsors will have the ability to change them if they want to do so.

post-1-0-23357200-1381772028_thumb.png

17.REALTIME VIEW

A page where you can see realtime updates on the forum. As someone posts, replies, adds a calender event, uploads a picture, you will be able to see it in this view as its happening. Meaning you will never again be able to miss anything on the forum!!  :)

post-1-0-74040200-1381772031_thumb.png

18.SPONSOR BANNER

If you look at a member of staff you will see they have a little banner saying what status they are such as administrator, moderator etc. Sponsors will also have one of these shortly to denote their sponsorship status.

HOW CAN I GET SITE SPONSOR STATUS?

Signing up to be a site sponsor is easy. Simply click on the link "Sponsor Upgrade" on the navigation bar at the top and you will be presented with the options you can select to be a sponsor.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, what I was really saying was that it would be nice to at least have a link to a converter. I don't keep the latest conversion rates in mind all the time.

Here ya go Al'

http://www.xe.com/

Not possible at the moment (or certainly not without a massive amount of development). Maybe in the future

But how about a link to one of them ... maybe you in Europe keep one handy but I have to go find one when I need to do a conversion, it would be convenient to those of us who don't deal often with different currencies to have that link there. ... I just got up, I'm rambling.

But how about a link to one of them ... maybe you in Europe keep one handy but I have to go find one when I need to do a conversion, it would be convenient to those of us who don't deal often with different currencies to have that link there. ... I just got up, I'm rambling.

Did you know you can just Google '10 gbp to usd'? That's what I always do for euro to pound conversions