Had Quite A Scare Yesterday!

Jay

Lately my friend and I have been biking with the dogs, well except for Yukon because he HATES it!  He will put his paws down while we are trying to bike, and he ended up tearing his pads pretty bad...so we keep it with just Kodiak and Yukon since they seem to love it.  Plus I don't like running Yukon too much because his legs and joints aren't right...anyway on to what happened...

We were out back, and the dogs were in their harnesses and attached to the bike, and we were all ready to go.  Then, my neighbor comes out of her garage so we wait, and her pitbull puppy thats about 6 months old comes running out the door straight for Kodiak and Nikko.  Now, Kodiak gets defensive RIGHT away, and has been aggressive at times, so it was an all out fight, teeth showing, snarling, snapping.  It scared the crap out of me, and they were all attached to the bike, so they had no where to go, and the puppy was loose.  Then Nikko slipped out of his collar AND harness and was loose.  My heart about dropped!  Luckily, he didn't run and we were able to get him back, and the neighbor was able to contain her puppy.  And everyone came out without any injuries.  We were lucky for sure!

It took me by surprise because her puppy has never been aggressive at all, it's a sweet pup, but I think what did it is the pup came running at Kodiak, and Kodiak freaked out and it escalated from there.   She said that he has been real bad about escaping the house lately.

Anyway, all dogs are good now!