Hello :)

NewToHuskies :)

As my user name states, I will be a new Husky owner in the near future!! I am a single mom of two kids, with over 30+ years of experience with various animals! Hamsters,Rats,Rabbits,Cats, Turtles,Fish,Hermit Crabs,Ferrets, Mice, Lizards, Gerbils and Dogs of course. I grew up surrounded by Cairn Terriers, New Foundlands, German Shep,Mastiffs, Poodles, Bulldogs,Pitbulls,Labs, Dashunds, Cocker spanial mix, and many mixed and various breeds! We also volunteer at our local shelter. We have been around Huskies and my neighbor also has one, so we are hopefully getting ourselves prepared!

So my daughter is wanting a Sibe and after looking into them, I see the work ahead of us, but as an experienced dog owner, Im confident in raising this amazing breed! I have read and talked to many people who have had this breed as well as mixes of this breed. I see some- many are stubbron and exscape artists, which I will double check with you all on these topics if you dont mind :) I do know the exercise and brushing they require and there is no problem  with that.

I do plan training and fun activities for our future fur baby and "she" ( daughter wants a female) will have my sons future boxer or German Shep for a playmate as well as us, and several kids. We are aware of the possible destruction and howling, along with digging. I have fence plans like fort knox to keep them in.

Well, thank you for accepting us as a new member and we look forward to chatting with you all!!!! Feel free to ask questions, I love talking!!!!( as you can see)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahha Ok, I cant keep up!! So yes, thank you all!!! Well, we are looking at rescuing a Sibe, but we are a little nervous with an adult because if they have had the luxery of being an escape artist, we dont want them to leave!! But we plan to rescue both dogs, at least thats our first option. Thanks all, I will be back to post in the proper place :)

Hahha Ok, I cant keep up!! So yes, thank you all!!! Well, we are looking at rescuing a Sibe, but we are a little nervous with an adult because if they have had the luxery of being an escape artist, we dont want them to leave!! But we plan to rescue both dogs, at least thats our first option. Thanks all, I will be back to post in the proper place :)

Always nice to see people giving these dogs a chance in life :)

Hey, Glo, and Welcome to the best place in the world if you're owned by a Husky!  I haven't had anything but rescues for more than a few years (I'm 66, btw) and at the moment I have an Alaskan and a Siberian who let me share the trailer with them ...

Okay, what part of Texas are you in, we're getting more from the great Lone Star State!! Eventually we're going to get enough who live close enough to have a get together - which will probably leave me out since I'm on the desert down by the Big Bend!

Kids and dogs!  Just a natural for each other ... you're in for a world of fun!!