Abnormal Husky

Mark Marples

Ok guys i keep reading all these posts and threads about huskies eating trashing and demolishing homes but... Blaze doesn't

he sleeps in the lounge not crated, jamie leabes his toys around with no problems we have even left food out in the kitchen without a problem

we do crate him when we are out without him ( 3 times in 3 months)

is he the only one?

Famous last words

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope you are not alone we leave ours up to 7 hrs not crated or anything and nothing happens.....just cannot leave food out...

ours are only crated in the husky travel mobile..

Edited by robke

Mine is a destroyer. It's just her way and I'm not sure she will grow out of it. She gets plenty of exercise, but she eats non-edible things and shreds things. She has grown out of eating/chewing on the table, sofa, etc - but she will rip/shred things that she is able to like paper or plastic. She is always crated when we are out. She/we paid the price at 15 weeks when she had to have surgery for nomming on paper towel and will not be repeating that.

There was a woman on here not so long ago that had never had an issue with her husky being left alone, then one day came home and the dog had eaten the stairs. Never say never!

Edited by Chula

Jelly's not broken, unfortunately.

If there's something to chew in her reach, she'll get to it.  

She used to destroy the walls when she was a puppy but she hasn't done that in about a year.

I've personally never seen her steal stuff from the table but my parents claim she does :P

But yeah, I left my toothbrush on the sink and she took it and chewed it up.  Usually happens on weekends since I'm too lazy to take her on a walk or park :{ .

The joys of having an extremely active dog :{ ...

This must be where Nikko and Luka differ LOL

I swear he tests me!  Not only will he tear up stuff when I'm not looking, he came up to me last night and went to grab a receipt right out of my hands!

Not only that, I was making some instant potatoes the other day, and had the milk in a measuring cup...left the room for 5 seconds and the little monster was up on the counter with his tongue in the milk :angry:

Luka is working on being broken. I've started leaving him out for hours at a time because he never really destroys anything anymore.... famous last words.

Well, Mark if yours are broken then my two definitely are.  Sasha will not get her feet of the floor so I don't have to worry about her counter surfing, etc.  To my knowledge she's never chewed anything that wasn't given her - except my hand a time or two!

Avalanche can be a nightmare ... he was into the trash for a while then a few "No, stay out of there!" and he realized that it got me aggravated so he stopped.  He will occasionally counter surf on me but it's so seldom that I really don't think about leaving things on the counter.  Made some hamburgers the other night, put them out and remembered I still had some groceries in the jeep - came back in and hamburgers were still on the counter.

Definitely - broke! at least by most standards.

Balto is one of those it depends on the day. He will go through long periods where he doesn't get in the cat litter or try to destroy a sock or something. Then when we think we are in the clear of him doing it again what do you know here he comes with a sock or a shoe or cat poop. :angry: I guess he just likes to keep us on our toes.

Aw, I don't mind my naughty husky most of the time. It makes for amusing antics at least. The only time I mind it is when it is something dangerous to her. I don't have any furniture or anything of major value, nothing that can't be replaced.

Interesting reading!

I was worried Harry wasn't a 'normal' Husky after having read some of your previous horror stories. Since we've had him, nearly 3 months, he's so far not been destructive. He's not crated, has a free run of the house, though at night sleeps in a large conservatory. I haven't left him for more than 4 hours as I gave up my job to be home with him, though need to return to work soon. Our household rubbish bin is kept in the conservatory and so far he has never shown any interest in it, though my OH says I'm too trusting :) I took some roasted pork out of the oven, left it covered on the table to cool, left the room for 5 minutes and Harry didn't  touch it.

I do sometimes wonder if he's a different breed of dog in disguise! though more than happy just the way he is. I'd like a playmate for him, possibly in the spring, but fear I've gotten off lightly with Harry and next time will have a demon dog :)

All 3 of mine can be left alone in the house without being crated for a large amount of time. Plus they have access to the back garden all day. Don't think this would have been possible if we only had one. Glala used to be quite destructive in the past when she was one her own. Teeth marks from puppy Glala can still be seen in the table legs  :rolleyes: