My Little Angels, At It Again

Austinville

Yesterday the girls were invited to do a presentation at a nearby school. The 3rd grade class had been reading about  the 1925 serum run and Balto. I took my sled so the kiddos could see one in person and let the girls do the rest.

The kiddos loved it, as did the girls. 

I'm amazed at how Petunia has taken to visiting elderly care centers and now schools. Acts like she's done it her entire life! And Rynnie, well, Rynnie is an old pro at this point.

Thought you might like to see a couple pics of these two as they share about themselves and their wonderful breed that we all love!

Tunes demonstrates how one of her many harnesses works.

post-53-0-60469500-1382018742_thumb.jpg

Talk about keeping their focus, the kiddos kept their eyes on the subject matter (the girls!)

post-53-0-15368800-1382018842_thumb.jpg

Not bad for a former stray and a pRYNcess, huh?

post-53-0-08985800-1382018870_thumb.jpg

Becky, you have got to be so proud of those two girls of yours.  What an amazing pair you have.  Tunes and Ryn are real professional Huskies. 

They love it so! Thanks everyone for the kind comments. We've got one more elderly care center interested in having the girls come. Cross your fingers for us. Am also hoping that now we've made an appearance at the school, we'll have more schools call.

I was amazed that as we were leaving one teacher told her class not to look the dogs in the eye "in case they might bite". We quickly marched up to the class and I made it clear (in a very nice way) that every dog has the capability to bite, but if I didn't have 100 percent confidence in my Sibes, they would not be in the school. I then explained to her class the correct way to approach an unknown canine and reminded them to always, always, ALWAYS, ask permission before approaching or touching a dog that they do not know.

So, it was a plus...........another opportunity to educate children!