Do These Names Flow Well Together?

musicalxheart

Okay, so our new girl is STILL nameless, lol. But I've been working hard all week to try and come up with a name that I absolutely love and so far can't make up my mind.. So now I've come up with a short list of names and I want to know how each one flows when you say them out loud with Keira's name. I want our new pups name to flow well with our older ones name since I'll probably be saying "Keira & ??" a lot. :) 

Alright on to the list: 

Keira & Korra 

Keira & Cambria or Kambria 

Keira & Laika 

Keira & Iris 

Keira & Scarlett 

Keira & Willow 

Keira & Lyra 

I like the name Kairi too but I'm sure a lot of people will get the pronunciation wrong, half of my husbands family can't even pronounce Keira right, so I doubt I'll even use it.

Anyway, that is my list and I've been saying names out loud for the past two hours trying to come up with a name that I like and that flows well with Keira. I kind of want to stick with K names though, but if the ones I've chosen don't sound right when other people say them to themselves then I'll consider the other names that don't start with a K. 

Thanks for any help.. I just can't believe we've had our new girl for almost a week and I still haven't come up with a name for her, it kind of makes me feel bad, lol.

I personally would keep the names quite different as the K sound will be the first and major thing they hear, so my vote is Keira & Scarlett.

Having said that, Karri is the name of a beautiful and very large tree that only grows in my neck of the woods (pun intended) and might be worth considering?

I like Korra and Lyra :)

Korra is one of my top picks. I like Lyra too but I'm not quite sold on it yet, which is why I went ahead and put it on the list to see what other people think about it. :)

I personally would keep the names quite different as the K sound will be the first and major thing they hear, so my vote is Keira & Scarlett.

Having said that, Karri is the name of a beautiful and very large tree that only grows in my neck of the woods (pun intended) and might be worth considering?

I see where you're coming from on the K sound. I've honestly thought about that, I just tend to pick out more K or C names than other letters, lol. So do you think Keira & Scarlett sound good together? 

Hm, Karri is a pretty name too. :)

Korra is one of my top picks. I like Lyra too but I'm not quite sold on it yet, which is why I went ahead and put it on the list to see what other people think about it. :)

I see where you're coming from on the K sound. I've honestly thought about that, I just tend to pick out more K or C names than other letters, lol. So do you think Keira & Scarlett sound good together? 

Hm, Karri is a pretty name too. :)

I do think Keira and Scarlett sound good together.

BTW, Karri timber is like a red mahogany in colour  ;)

I quite like Willow. Then again, my three are called Tar-Mac-Adam :P so don't rely on my judgement.

I like Willow too but my husband didn't like it that much, go figure, lol.

I do think Keira and Scarlett sound good together.

BTW, Karri timber is like a red mahogany in colour  ;)

Thank you. :) 

So it would be fitting because the name is pretty and it describes her color since she's red & white. :) Nice, I'll consider it. :)

Keira and Lyra flows well together but they're way too similar.. they might confuse their names with each other. 

Keira and Karri (newly suggested) is my favorite at the moment. 

By the way Kairi is a lovely, lovely name :wub: still sitting at the top of my "names that I would give to my future dogs" list :lol: 

Oh spoilt for choice spoilt for choice lolSent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, just a bit. :D

Keira and Lyra flows well together but they're way too similar.. they might confuse their names with each other. 

Keira and Karri (newly suggested) is my favorite at the moment. 

By the way Kairi is a lovely, lovely name :wub: still sitting at the top of my "names that I would give to my future dogs" list :lol:

I don't think I'm going to use Lyra.. I like it and all but I'm not crazy for it.

I love Kairi too but it would be way too hard for others to pronounce and I don't feel like having to correct everyone lol.

Laika in Russian means barker. It is also the name of a breed of Russian hunting dog.

I knew it was Russian but I didn't know the meaning of the name. And I've heard of the Laika dog breed, aren't there two? East and West Siberian Laikas?

What does everyone think of the name Sage/Saige?

i dont know about you, but when i first saw my puppy, a red colour girl, it took me 10 mins to name her "Aki". I bought her a  bed & some collars etc to match with her colouring, the day before.  The sad thing is, because of a misunderstanding between the vietnamese dog owner & myself, she was taken by the owners cousin who had already flown down from to saigon to take her. i was so sad i cried  many times, & i could not concentrate on work, because i dreamt about how we would play together & stuff because i had waited more than 20yrs to get my own dog, until a friend of mine helped me find another puppy who was not wanted by another owner because she was too "bossy". 

I have to admit, it was not how i expected things to turn out, but when i met this new puppy she definately was not a "Aki" looker & took me 4 days to name my new puppy "kuma" based on her temprement. The bed & collar colours didnt match my new grey puppy but i was thrilled to be kumas mum.  Its been 1.8yrs since this happened, & i still often think about Aki & how she was so submissive as a puppy compared to  Kuma who it totally dominant.  

What im trying to say, is that, isnt it best to name your dog, based on its character & looks, if you are finding it hard to pick a good name :lol:  :D  :P  ;)  ^_^ ??