Why Do You Feed.....?

Stormy

What are your reasonings for feeding what you feed whether it be raw or dry or wet etc??

Ill start :)

I feed mine raw which us bought in bulk and pre minced though I do also get bones and fish etc at times.

Reason: I thought it would be healthier and better for my dogs which for mine it seems to be they only go to the toilet about twice a day now on dry it was a hell of a lot more. They aren't as hyper, their fur abd skin is shinier and nicer.

Downside: need a separate freezer just for them, takes a bit more time abd planning than dry.

Costs me around 50-60 per month that's for both together :)

So how about everyone else :)

mine have dry with tuna in sunflower oil on the top that has been really good for there fur and also get raw 2 times a week again really good for fur and helps just make meal times more diffrent insted of the same thing all the time becuase if that was me and you gave me the same thing every day i would not be happy

I feed both of my boys raw because i feel like it is healthy for them as i know exactly what they are getting for their meals. It also adds Variety to their meals without the need to transitioning them like you would with kibble.

I always get compliments on how soft panda's coat is which i believe is due to the raw and the fish he gets. It does however take more time to prepare and plan out their meals so that you know they are getting everything they need to be healthy. 

Kibble, kibble, kibble.  I know a lot of people feed raw, but I'm just not enthusiastic about it.  So, I try to buy a kibble that is grain-free, at least no corn, soy, or wheat.  And I rotate between Diamond Naturals Grain Free products, and TOTW.  Like to keep some variety going with minimal risk of tummy upset.

Mine get a mixture of Kibble, Tinned meat and boiled white rice.

two or three times per week a meal is substituted with Raw Chicken wings.

Why do I mix Kibble tinned meat and rice ??

Too much Kibble gives them the runs and what keeps them solid isn't enough

So I add tinned meat 1 tin between the 3 of them and then boiled white rice as a filler to add a bit of bulk to the meal without

adding any more protien or fibre but helps them "feel" fuller

I feed Acana Wild Prairie.

Finding a food for her that she likes and she does well with has been a struggle. We liked Blue Buffalo Wilderness, but I think it made her itchy. She did fine on Wellness Core, but I thought that made her itchy too. So we switched to Orijen. She LOVES Orijen. The only problem is that she loves it so much she wants to eat it twice - as in after it comes out her rectum. Nasty.

So we tried Acana, since it's got a lower protein level than Orijen, but is made by the same company and also uses human grade local products. So far so good. She immediately stopped eating her poop. She doesn't love it as much as Orijen, but she still eats it happily. Maybe someday if her exercise becomes more than just walks (as in we can really get her bicycling), we will try Orijen again. But I can't deal with the poop eating.

Glad she stopped the poo eating!

I feed Acana Wild Prairie.

Finding a food for her that she likes and she does well with has been a struggle. We liked Blue Buffalo Wilderness, but I think it made her itchy. She did fine on Wellness Core, but I thought that made her itchy too. So we switched to Orijen. She LOVES Orijen. The only problem is that she loves it so much she wants to eat it twice - as in after it comes out her rectum. Nasty.

So we tried Acana, since it's got a lower protein level than Orijen, but is made by the same company and also uses human grade local products. So far so good. She immediately stopped eating her poop. She doesn't love it as much as Orijen, but she still eats it happily. Maybe someday if her exercise becomes more than just walks (as in we can really get her bicycling), we will try Orijen again. But I can't deal with the poop eating.

I keep Kibble.  I heard about raw, but honestly when I got my dogs I didn't know that much about it.  And after getting their food right to the point where they were not having constant runny poos, I didn't want to change.  Another reason is more selfish I guess...I just don't have the time or resources to feed a raw diet, and they do fine with what they are on, Taste of the Wild. 

Me too. It was honestly at the point where I didn't even want her around me because she always smelled like poop. She'd come up and want cuddles and kisses and I would push her away because her breath was horrible. It made me so sad because I was starting to dislike her.

Glad she stopped the poo eating!

Started with Eukanuba (rotated between lamb and beef bimonthly) but after feeding it for two whole years I think I need to try something new. So I came across Blackwood and decided to give it a try. Diamond loves it but it only comes on small packages meaning I have to go to the pet store every week. Too troublesome for me :( so switched him again to TOTW Pacific Stream and it lasted until today :) still have no intentions to switch again

Every once in a while Diamond gets cooked beef along with its broth. I heard that raw egg improves coat quality but after reading about all those salmonella things I chose not to feed him that. Sometimes I also give him white rice and chicken :)

MIne are currently kibble in the morning and raw in the evening 

Why because i had to put the girls on kibble for finanical reasons and brought too much lol so trying to use it up. I prefer my dogs on rw they seem happier, easier to clean up their poop, calmer and are in better condition x

raw for both of mine,Travis has been on raw since 5months due to allergies,and when i got pearl it was easier to feed both dogs the same food,and to be honest i love to watch them eating a rmb,plus it also keeps their teeth clean,our vet cannot believe how white Trav's teeth are considering he is nearly 10 yr

Taste of the Wild.

Reason: Its the most expensive kibble I can afford. Can't afford raw; even 'undesired' meat at the butchers' is expensive! About $79 (CDN) per large bag, which lasts almost 3 months.

Cons: Can't see any, as the raw/barf diet doesn't agree with his stomach.