What Happened?

Mazz

I remember when I was a kid, if you did something bad, your mom or dad would spank your behind.  Next time you thought before doing something bad.  What happened?

I remember when I was a kid, there were some words you just did not hear on television or radio, because they were considered vulgar.  What happened?

I remember when I was a kid, gasoline was $0.18 per gallon, milk was $0.49 a gallon, and a Dairy Queen fudge dipped cone was $0.15, just like a McDonald's hamburger.  What happened?

I remember when I was a kid, you could play outside all day, go to the park, ride your bike half-way across town, never had to worry about anything.  What happened?

I remember when I was a kid, if you had a dog in the house, it was the kid's who fed it, took it outside, cared for it.  What happened?

I remember when I was a kid, if you acted up in class, the teacher would rap your hands with a ruler AND keep you after class.  And your parents supported the teacher.  What happened?

I remember when I was a kid, life was so simple.  What happened?

Not sure, but I guess I'm no kid any longer.

The World changed.

politicians changed the rules.

and mobile phones were invented.

so society went downhill.