Should We Have Two Siberian Huskies?

libtech

Never known (or heard of) humping being anything else except dominance! Often associated with play - ours still do it even though they've known each other for months or even years. My boy, rescued at 5 years old spent the whole of the first day attempting to hump my leg. Firm "No" and gently pushed him away each time. He's never done it again to me in the 3 years since - though he tries it out on any visitor 2-legged or 4-legged!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

We are trying to decide if we should get another husky. Is two better than one?

would they be happier? We have had our little lady for over a year now. Think we have her trained really well.

Just thinking if we should add a brother or sister to our pack.

Mike

Mike,

There are good things and not so good things about having two. I had just one for 2 1/2 years before rescuing a second. I was sure Ryn was lonely and needed company. With two, you have twice the vet bills, twice the energy and it takes twice as long to get them in the car for an outing. Not that I'm complaining, just be sure you look at all the good, and at all the bad (then double them both!) I do have to say that Ryn is more vocal and more active now. The one thing I dislike about having two was that Ryn would go to work with me each Friday. Since Tunes came, she can't because Tunes relies upon Ryn to keep her settled down during the day.

Congrats on the new arrival, we got a puppy 12 months after getting out first husky. The poor little bugger got battered, but they miss each other when they're apart.

Glad things seem to be going well, presume girl is older? is she spayed, is he neutered?

Ours are both intact, and our big dog is currently on a 3 week holiday at my Mum and Dad's!!!

Congrats on the new arrival, we got a puppy 12 months after getting out first husky. The poor little bugger got battered, but they miss each other when they're apart.

Glad things seem to be going well, presume girl is older? is she spayed, is he neutered?

Ours are both intact, and our big dog is currently on a 3 week holiday at my Mum and Dad's!!!

The older is a male.

Our first is 14 months old. Will be getting her spayed in the next couple of weeks. We decided to wait till after first heat cycle before spaying.

Our newest guy is 3 yrs old. 

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The humping has seemed to subside. They are just playing now. They seem to be getting along great. Run laps, bump, chase each other for hours. Then sleep and start over.

Our new guy seems to be adjusting great. We see a difference daily with him.