Helped Escaped Dog

Jase

Hmmm, am peeved.

I just went for a scooter ride with my daughter around our block. THere was a loose Border Collie loose on the road. So we stopped waited with her for 5 minutes and then called the owners. No answer, left a message. Took her home and called again no answer. Eventually the owner called back and say "have you got my Border Collie in a rather unfriendly manner?" I explained what had happened. He took his dog and hardly offered a thanks. Rude prick!

Jase, you did what any good person would do. The owner of the Border Collie did what a not so good person would do. Bask in knowing you are a good person, so if you ever encounter another lost dog, you won't be influenced by the attitude and actions of the Border Collie's owner.

Jase, if he's used to letting his dog roam then you interfered with his standing habit and he had to come get his dog from you ... with that mindset, he's pissed (sorry).

When I had Misty, she was returned to me a couple of times ( I should heave learned ) and while I was glad they did I still would have expected her to find her way home eventually (and we know what happened).

I think he'll eventually find himself where I was .... and on that note, I feel sorry for him.

You did the right thing, even if he didn't appreciate it.  Maybe he'll learn before it's too late for him.

Awh, thank you for doing the right thing. If one of my dogs got loose, I know for certain I would want someone to keep them safe in their home rather than wandering the streets. If it helps, I'll give you all my gratitude in place of the guy, for keeping that poor dog safe and hopefully he will realize how to keep her safe on his own. 

Jase, if he's used to letting his dog roam then you interfered with his standing habit and he had to come get his dog from you ... with that mindset, he's pissed (sorry).

When I had Misty, she was returned to me a couple of times ( I should heave learned ) and while I was glad they did I still would have expected her to find her way home eventually (and we know what happened).

I think he'll eventually find himself where I was .... and on that note, I feel sorry for him.

You did the right thing, even if he didn't appreciate it.  Maybe he'll learn before it's too late for him.

I dunno Al, an elderly lady drove down the road where I was sitting with the dog and trying to call the owner. She was worried that the dog had been hit by a car, she said she had seen her before and she looked a bit lame and seemed disorientated? Also, I don't recall ever seeing any roaming dogs in my neighbourhood, so it was a bit unusual. 

At the time, I did weigh-up whether I was interfering, but I knew I would never forgive myself if I just ignored my instinct and the dog was hit by a car.

Awh, thank you for doing the right thing. If one of my dogs got loose, I know for certain I would want someone to keep them safe in their home rather than wandering the streets. If it helps, I'll give you all my gratitude in place of the guy, for keeping that poor dog safe and hopefully he will realize how to keep her safe on his own. 

Thanks  :)  To be honest I really don't give a rats about the owner anymore, I don't need or crave his gratitude. If it happens again with the same dog, I will give him a serve that he will definitely remember  ;)