Nsw Fires :(

Bambi92

Hi all haven't been on for a while.

Not sure if anyone has shared this or not.

This started on Thursday 17oct with almost 3000 fire fighters called in to help with over 100 fires across the state.

At 10.30am there were 56 bush fires burning throughout New South Wales (Sydney) 12 of which are uncontained and two of which are 5kms apart and they think may merge with each other in the Blue Mountains. These fires have already caused upto $94 million in damages with hundreds of people that have lost everything and the total is still climbing. The weather is not helping in anyway its 36degrees today and ment to be worse over the next 2 days with wind.

I'm not religious in anyway but the hundreds if not thousands of people and the fire fighters need all the thoughts and prayers possible.

Looking out my back window at the moment and all I can see is smoke and I'm 40mins away from the worst fire if it merges with the other fire it could well possibly reach down where I am. I did my small part to help the people and donated money I'll be doing my part to help the animals as well by donating some money to there appeal as well. I haven't got much but it all helps there all going to need it no matter how small the donations are.

There are now low life scum looting these poor peoples homes. And two 12 and 13 year old girls were caught lighting a fire about 15mins from my place. You really would think that with all this going on people wouldn't be so stupid and careless.

Please keep the thousands of people and fire fighters in your thoughts and prayers.

Here are a few photos of what it was like yesterday around different areas from the Blue Mountains fire

The first 2 are taken from my kitchen window two days ago.

post-9013-0-73222200-1382332418_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-01410900-1382332661_thumb.jp

These are from yesterday just a few from a news website

post-9013-0-23476500-1382332722_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-91064400-1382332757_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-87109500-1382332773_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-58659700-1382332789_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-52910500-1382332809_thumb.jp

I hope you don't mind me sharing and sorry if I put it in the wrong section.

Thanks

We should be ok where we are but we do have bush land across the road.

The worst part is one of the fires was started by 3teens one was just 11 years old makes you wonder what makes them do it :(

Weds is ment to have bad winds and ment to be hot hopefully there wrong that's the last thing this fire needs.

There's still 63 fires burning and 17 out of control fingers crossed the poor fire fighters can get them under control.

my sister lives in Silkwood, Queensland so not affected by this but please stay safe, fingers and paws crossed for you xx 

Ié been wondering of any of our Australian friends were anywhere near one of these.  Since west Texas also has it's fair share of fires, you have my sympathy.  Stay safe there and something we sometimes have to convince people here about - your possessions are NOT worth your life, stay safe!!

A few people had to be reminded of that by the police here. If it comes to it the only things I'll be getting is my animals and a few of my sons things that are all close to the front door. It's not worth risking your life or the life of anyone else.

Its hot but raining today hopefully the rain helps not likely though They have joined the two main fires together hopefully that doesn't make it worse for tomorrow ment to have really bad weather tomorrow.

Not likening all the smoke around not doing my son any good poor little man :(