Pumpkin

Val (Zebedee)

I have read several times about the benefits of pumpkin for dogs, especially when they're not well. Now I can't say I have ever specially looked for pumpkin on the shelves in the supermarket but what do you use?

Do you always use fresh pumpkin & if so, where do you buy them outside Hallowe'en season?

Can I buy fresh ones in bulk and freeze the flesh?

If so, how long can it be kept frozen for?

Do you need to add anything to it or is it just plain old pumpkin flesh & seeds?

Is it an acquired taste or do all dogs who have had it, eat it no problem? (I have a fussy eater!)

Hidden

Overall, plant material is pretty unnecessary. Mostly people use it for loose poops, although raw feeders usually just up the amount of bone.

Do you always use fresh pumpkin & if so, where do you buy them outside Hallowe'en season?

So long as it is only pumpkin puree, its all the same. I would just read the can.

Can I buy fresh ones in bulk and freeze the flesh?

Probably

If so, how long can it be kept frozen for?

I would say indefinitely 

Do you need to add anything to it or is it just plain old pumpkin flesh & seeds?

I would only do the flesh.

Is it an acquired taste or do all dogs who have had it, eat it no problem? (I have a fussy eater!)

Dogs don't have many tastebuds, they rely on scent and texture.

That was an excellent question and I have wondered myself as Loki had a bad tummy for a few days and was quite loose - she is fine now we think it was to do with acorns as our neighbour has a large oak tree in his garden and acorns are poisonous to dogs. We got a garden vac to get rid of the majority and when she is in the garden we just keep a very close eye on her or put her on the lead if its late.

Yes I always have canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!). On hand. A few tablespoons full and it helps with the poo.

I've never used the real pumpkin tho, just the canned

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2