What's Our Baseline? Happiness Or Sadness?

Smokey

I've been struggling lately. School isn't going so well. I often wonder if mine (and everyone else's) baseline is to be unhappy with a couple of bursts of happiness here and there or if happiness is supposed to be our baseline and sadness our occasional distraction...? Because my reality is mostly the first, I often wonder how others feel. So? What do YOU think?

I usually don't feel either happy or sad/unhappy during the day. I'd say more like okayish. For me, being happy or sad/unhappy depends on how I want to feel; If I go over-analyzing a given situation, it usually makes me unhappy, but then I tell to myself "Hey, what's done is done, right? Past is gone, future is unsure, what do I have at the moment? Exactly, this very moment. What's the point of being unhappy over something that I cannot change anymore?"

Advices on how to change your reality? Look out for the small things - good weather, cool song or anything. This is what usually makes me happy :)

for us its mostly sadness with some happiness , my dad says 'if there was no such thing as bad luck, we wouldn't get any' but lately things have been turning around for us n are on the up so im hoping after 4 years of bad luck that things are turning around for us n we will soon be happy with occasional distractions of sadness

I tend to feel nothing at all :) I have issues though so sometimes when somebody says something that I don't like hearing, I'd "explode" and become very scared or upset all of a sudden. But I'm still cruising on. Sometimes I feel like life is not worth living, but things come and go and look I'm still here. It's a bumpy ride alright but there IS light at the end of the tunnel :) stay strong Amina xxx