Barking Vs. Woo Woo

BabyBrooke7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some never do ... some Husky's will talk your ear off woooing and others will talk your ear off by barking.

I've got an Alaskan who won't woo (unless he hears it on the forum ...) but will whine and grumble and bark if he thinks something's going on that I need to know about.

Sasha, the real Sibe, is about the same ... she'll groan at me when she wants something, whine at me when I ignore her and then bark at me if I *really* ignore her.

Safe to say that neither of mine are real "woo" type dogs.

Others, you'll find, (look around at some of the vids) seem to never shut up!

Oh, and welcome to the pack ... let us know hot the little monster turns out and ...

:worthless:

(( You have been warned!! ))

Welcome!  As Al said, some never "whoo" and only bark, some do it in time.  Nikko almost never used to "whoo" but now he does sometimes, it just depends on the situation.  My other two have this really deep growl-like sound, its unique!  

Anyway, welcome and we love to see some pics of the little furball!

I have a 16 week old Husky and she woo's at me every morning when she wants outside and she really woo's at my brother anytime he is around.  Now my 2 year old is a husky/wolf mix and he just barks.  I think he has barking tourettes at times.  It is usually when Aspen doesn't want to play and she is ignoring Tuff that he starts really going.  Tuff will woo sometimes but usually when he doesn't get his way. 

We have two. Zoya very seldom barks, but will woo- woo all day long. Eisa will start off wooing, then move on to yips, and finally bark.

Hello and welcome to Husky Owners! One of our general rules around here is that we love photos, so please upload some for us :P

My Ares is a "woo" kind of husky. He never barks, he'd usually start whining for a bit, then growling and then he'd unleash the power of the mighty sleep deprivation weapon called howling. :eek:

Hi and welcome to husky owners.

As already said some never woo ive got 2 huskies and a huskamute, my huskamute is more or a barker as if my oldest sibe (shes never woo'd ) my youngest husky woo's all the time she started wooing at about 6/7 months xx

Darwin Woos at me for walks but Barks at Echo to come play in the Garden.

Daughtry 'Blah, blah, blah' talks at me

Wow I didn't expect so many replies and everyone bring so nice!!! :) thanks for all the stories and tips. Lucie has never wooed lol I didn't know if maybe some dont or if they don't till a certain age so this is great information. She barks, whines, and just makes noises. But never a woo.

And I plan on posting lots of pictures!! She is our baby girl after all lol

Wow I didn't expect so many replies and everyone bring so nice!!! :) thanks for all the stories and tips. Lucie has never wooed lol I didn't know if maybe some dont or if they don't till a certain age so this is great information. She barks, whines, and just makes noises. But never a woo.

One of the things we pride ourselves on is replying quickly.

We are very informal and like to have a laugh and a joke and not take things too seriously.

Any Questions just shout up in the relevant section and we'll get back to you ASAP

aww she's just a puppy give her some time :) usually at the beginning, or in the middle, of teenage stage some huskies start to "woo" instead of bark. And that's a "perfect" timing too LOL because teenage dogs are very annoying and they sound even more annoying when they're wooing :lol: anyways my boy is the "woo" kind of husky. Had him three years, heard him bark only 3 times  :rolleyes: but he's a rescue so idk how he is as a little puppy

One way to get her sounding off is to play one of the many videos here where people have their talking dogs.  You can at least see what her reaction is to hearing other Husky's howl - - - 'course, you may get more than you bargained for, once she finds her voice, she may never shut up ( I'm told that's a female thing anyway, no?? )

Hi there!  :wave:   My boy howls at the ice cream van music and woo woo's a lot!  Bear doesn't woo woo at all and tbh doesn't make much of any noise.  Occasionally she'll howl at me to get my attention or make a growly Chewbacca type noise, and if she's seen another dog when we're out and about you can be sure she'll get over excited and let out a massive, deep, "woof!" .  Two different responses, from two very different dogs, lol.