Baking Her Own Treats

Austinville

With more and more problems being discovered in dog treats, Rynnie has decided that if she ever wants treats again, she'll have to do her own baking. Last night we made 275 "Da Moon and Da Stars" treats for Petunia and the pRYNcess. They're called that because if I could, I'd give them the moon and the stars.

This is the little baker (being photobombed by her 'brother' Chance), checking out the progress of her wheat free, salt free and totally nommy goodies. (Petunia was a bit more patient and waited until they had cooled!)

post-53-0-13295900-1382630997_thumb.jpg

Notice how intent Ryn is? Care to share the recipe? Or, is it as they say, a top level - ultra top secret - have to kill you if I tell you, recipe?

Ryn and Tunes "Da Moon and Da Stars" treats

1 1/2 cup brown rice flour

1  1/2 cup oatmeal (process in food processor until consistency of a flour)

1/2 cup simply natural peanut butter (natural peanut butter doesn't have sugars in it and will separate into layers when stored)

2 T. olive oil

1 cup skim milk

Mix and roll out to 1/4 inch thick on rice flour covered counter. Cut into shapes (obviously we used moons and stars. Use canape' size cutters so they are tid-bit size)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Makes 275 treats.

I keep a few out for them in a sealed bag and freeze the rest.

Edited by Austinville

Ryn and Tunes "Da Moon and Da Stars" treats

1 1/2 cup brown rice flour

1 1/2 cup oatmeal (process in food processor until consistency of a flour)

1/2 cup simply natural peanut butter (natural peanut butter doesn't have sugars in it and will separate into layers when stored)

2 T. olive oil

1 cup skim milk

Mix and roll out to 1/4 inch thick on rice flour covered counter. Cut into shapes (obviously we used moons and stars. Use canape' size cutters so they are tid-bit size)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Makes 275 treats.

I keep a few out for them in a sealed bag and freeze the rest.

Yummy in the tummy. Don't have a food processor. Would thrashing the oats, the old fashioned way, work?