The Cats

mydiamond

Yes the cats are still here. All of them. They moved back and forth several times but never too far from the house. Today, Arwen (now confirmed female), Frodo and Bilbo (both confirmed male) are 26 days old. In a blink of an eye they'd be exactly one month--the age each website I read claimed to be "best age to separate from Mom so that they can be tame pets". I've been around them since they're only a few hours old so they definitely don't act feral, but how long is it gonna last? I need to find them homes. But I'm just not finding those homes fast enough :( everyone I thought is gonna take them in, told me they can't. They'd love to, "only if!", but they can't. One friend is considering to adopt two at once, but he's still waiting for approval from his mom. I don't know when will she reply. 

There's also another problem going on with my own mom. She and me have never been in the same wavelength as far as I'm concerned... she doesn't understand me, and I don't understand her. We both try, but I think we're just too different from the start. Last night the maid told her that I "found" a home for some of the kittens and she told me not to give any of the kittens to anyone. "Let them have their own lives! Poor kitties too young to be away from Mom!"

Well yeah I got the last part.. I'm also worried about their age but it's the first part I don't get. She's literally telling me to let them live the life of a feral while they have the chance to be a pet. I don't know is it really more comfortable for cats to fend for themselves? Because, to the best of my knowledge, pet cats live healthier and longer. I just want them to have that kind of life??

*sigh* I don't know. I hate it when I tried to fix something but ended up messing it all up :( maybe I shouldn't have bothered with these kitties that day. Still, how can you say "no" to these faces?

post-2850-0-81166500-1382696614_thumb.jp

You're still doing a superlative Job 'Liv :up:

Without your help they WOULD be in a much worse situation.

Everything you do gives them a better start in life.

EVEN if they do end up Feral because unfortunately you can't find

homes for them. They will be well fed and strong enough to face the world.

Aww, they are so lovely. <3 You're doing a good thing by helping those babies along and trying your best to find them homes. Even if they do end up being feral, I'm sure that they will be strong enough to face the world even though it is a big scary place. Kittens likes puppies should stay with their mothers until they are AT LEAST 8 weeks old. By the time they are 8 weeks old to make sure they are weaned and are able to eat solid food. 

I've raised two litters of kittens and then two brothers from birth before, so I realize how hard it is to find them homes and how bad you feel when all your effort seems to go to waste. I really hope you can find those precious little ones homes. Also, in my opinion being a pet is so much better than having to fight to survive on the streets.

so I need to wait 30 more days?  :o because they're feral... and they still have their feral mom. They started showing typical feral behavior today.. Although they stopped hissing once I cuddled them, they hiss and hiss and hiss when I reach my hands to the bottom of the barrel to pet them. I know they must be scared because I'm a "big unknown entity" in their eyes and approaching them from the front is asking for trouble, but they're in a barrel.. so how else can I approach them?  :(

*sigh* it's a busy week. The potential adopter hasn't replied to my messages these past few days. I just hope he'd come back in touch before this week ends..