Introducing Kara

Steve

I have been considering fostering for a while, but my wife wasn't so impressed with the idea. Yesterday, it was my wife that found a husky that needed fostering through a friend. How could I say no!!! She is very overweight and unfit, but she's a real sweety, so the challenge is to get her into shape and moving like a husky. You can see she wants to! Here she is at the end of the day with Storm, with whom she gets on like a house on fire. Holly's quite OK with her as well.

So introducing to you....Kara.

post-9011-0-64123600-1382811951_thumb.jp

:congrats:

Well done for rescuiing Kara.

Good luck on the getting her into shape.

I'm sure a better diet and plenty of exercise and running around

being chased by Storm will soon sort her out :up: 

She is beautiful, and such a nice nature. However, she has just come down with kennel cough, which has set her right back. She's off her food and totally lethargic, though she came to the door for a cuddle when I walked in from work. I've not bothered separating my dogs, as they have already been exposed to Kara, so will come down with Kennel cough as well if it's going to happen.

Kara's come through the kennel cough now thankfully. She didn't eat from Sunday until Thursday night when I tempted her with chicken breast. Fish was her favourite, so we'd been tempting her with tuna, salmon and mackerel, all to no avail. Friday morning - chicken and rice. Friday evening, she tried to push Storm off his kibble while I was knocking her food up, so had to break the two of them up. I told them both off, but I was pleased to see her with an appetite.  I was worried about her eating as they said at the kennels that she was very fussy, but I'm sure now that with a little competition, she'll be on dog food in no time.

I think she has been fed tit-bits through her life which is why she's as fat as she is. She actually weighed in at 35kg at the vets, so not quite as big as I thought!

Storm now has kennel cough. However, being such a fit and positive boy, he's just taking it in his stride. He has the retching cough now and again, but his tail's still up, still wants his food and treats etc. Just waiting for Holly now, but again, she's a really healthy dog, so I don't think it will knock her too much either.

I'm thinking of buying shares in kiddies Benylin - boy do my dogs love it. I think the only reason Storm got the cough is because he was jealous of Kara getting cough medicine and him not. All three of them sit round me when the bottle comes out!!!

• 2 weeks later...