Jeep Won't Start.

Andy

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 Overland

Turns over but won't start.

Tried all the home remedies I can find on the internet to no avail.

Got the AA coming out to have a look.

But...but...Jeeps are always supposed to start! My brother's does! :o

Mine has up until this afternoon :eek:

Could be a fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump relay, crank sensor, evaporator system malfunction, or the dreaded. . . . . .

OPERATOR ERROR

But more than likely, it's something other than any of those.  Hope they get you back on the road soon with minimal cost.

Edited by Mazz

OK So AA came out.

Seems I have a leaking fuel injector which is either

1. Reducing the pressure inside the engine so there is not enough pressure inside for the engine to start

or

2. It is causing an airlock in the injector stopping the fuel from getting through that one injector.

and  / or it might the glowplugs.

However. . . . 

The AA guy did get it to start with a squirt of EasyStart (which I now have a can of)

So the plan is Use easyStart to get me to work over the next 3 days then get it into the garage

on Saturday morning and pick it up Monday Afternoon.

aaaaaaannnnnnddddd, Just realised this means I can't do the Wendover Woods Meet on Saturday

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH :angry:

Andy, I presume you know this but just a reminder anyway, if you don't know what you're doing with that starting fluid you can burn the valves enough to require a valve job ...

Was just thinking that Al when I read Andy's update, my son used it on a Calibra he was doing up and was warned the same thing :(

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

After going thought the same thing about 6 months ago any and if it happened again I'd have the glow plugs changed yeah but ask for the EGR valve checked a new one cost about £20-30 and could of saved the company that had to have mine fixed over 4 grand :o 

New injectors on newer cars come in sets of 4 and mine cost £2400 + vat and the guy that fitted um admitted to me there was probably nothing wrong with the old ones but I/he was not paying :) 

Yeah, guys I understand about the Easy start.  It's only for 3 days so maximum 6 squirts

My garage always checks with me before doing any work and advises of the cost.

Injectors are approx £100 each.

Yeah, guys I understand about the Easy start.  It's only for 3 days so maximum 6 squirts

My garage always checks with me before doing any work and advises of the cost.

Injectors are approx £100 each.

Thats bloody cheap  :o