I Think I Accidentally Killed A Kitty :(

winterchillz

I think that on my way back to work I'm guilty for possibly killing a small black kitty :(

I was walking on the sidewalk when I saw a little kitty around 3 meters ahead of me. A car passed by and the kitty, probably afraid of the noise, turned around nervously and looked after the car. I saw a SUV around 15-20 meters away from us approaching in high speed. Right at that moment, some voice inside my head just whispered that I should stop where I am. Something was telling me that if I get a bit closer the kitty will get scared of me and run away. Sadly, by the time I recognize this thought I made a step forward, the little kitty saw me and ran right across the road. It managed to pass right in front of the left tire of the SUV, however it hit itself in the front right tire. I heard a noise of the SUV bumping into something and after it passed, I saw the kitty trying to reach the other sidewalk while limping horribly with its back legs. It got on the sidewalk and rushed for one of the houses yard, I managed to see that the heels of its back legs were constantly staying backwards like it was squatting down. As it kept on running towards the backyard, one of its back legs turned towards the body and it was no longer stepping in a line.

I'm not sure if the SUV ran over his back with tire or the cat got hit by the front axle. The poor kitty probably has numerous broken bones and that's just because I didn't stop walking on time.

Feeling guilty now, I've never killed an animal in my life.

Could of happened to anyone, its really not your fault. Hopefully the cat managed to run home and there will be a happy ending here. :grouphug: Dimitar, don't be so hard on yourself! You're making yourself upset over something you had no control.

Not guilty  your Honor.

The event as you described it happened in the space of just a few seconds.

However you have had hours to analyse the event and pick it apart.

If you had picked the kitten up and thrown it into the road YES you killed it.

It got spooked and ran into the road.

It was pure animal instinct combined with zero road sense.

NOT YOUR FAULT.