Late Bloomer?

Emma

Ice was two years old back in September and has never blown his coat. Bear however blows like crazy. This week ice has started tufting all over his neck. Apparently he's decided that he's missing out on something and wants to be a real husky!

Anyone else's husky started blowing at a later age? Or is Ice just special, lol.

Nikko has yet to really blow his coat and he is almost 2.  Although he sheds like crazy!

Yukon has already and he is just 1 1/2

And Kodiak is around 3 and has blown in the spring and he is starting again.

Nikko has yet to really blow his coat and he is almost 2.  Although he sheds like crazy!

Yukon has already and he is just 1 1/2

And Kodiak is around 3 and has blown in the spring and he is starting again.

Yep, ice used to shed heavily all year round like Nikko, it's really just this last week that he's sprouting up tufts all over the back of his neck. I guess this means Bear will follow suit (again) shortly. She's only just finished her spring blow! That one lasted nearly 6 months, was absolutely reduculous! Lol.

Diva has never really blown her coat like the other two have they seem to always have tufts, diva will do though a little stage of shedding more than usual lol 

I was told by a lady today, who has 8 Huskies that none of hers blow their coats twice a year as suggested in books etc. In the summer Harry had a thick fur coat, since we've had him its become less and less, not really blowing just shedding the longer hair. He now looks almost greyhoundlike, so I'm looking forward to his big thick coat coming back :)

Yep. Jelly doesn't blow either.. (at least not yet)  

Occasionally I can pluck out a very small chunk of fur but it's never nearly as bad as you see in the videos where you can obviously tell there's fur sticking out :P.

She does shed a lot though.