So Proud Of My Girl!

Bambi92

Hi all how are we?

AS The title says I'm so proud of my baby girl and am now going to invest in some agility equipment.

We went to a pet festival on the weekend and for a small donation to the rescue group Sasha could try the little agility course that was there they had ham and chicken as the treats for doing it but Sasha did it all except the tunnel for no treats just a good girl and a big pat at the end I really didn't think she would do it all let alone without wanting a treat afterwards. Sasha even did the see saw thing she hates things that move yet she did I'm so damn proud of her I gave her the biggest cuddles when she did it and she loved it that much she wanted to do it again :)

I'm going to either buy or build an agility course for her and the bonus is I'll get exercise out of it as well haha :)

Any suggestions on what to start with would I be better off buying it or building something?

Does any one do agility with there dogs? If so what do you do and where did you start?

Thanks for any help in advance:)

We started off with a broom and 2 garden chairs to get my girl jumping but im now lucky enough to have unlimited use of a proper agilty course at my local rescue centre. I don't see any harm in buying a set there are some great set available for sale xx

i used to take skyla to a agility/obedience class in northampton with louise but they stopped the class , Skyla loved it especially the jumps ,, if u can make your own then go for it , would work out cheaper for u too 

we wants pics n vids tho :)

I wish I got the video of her doing it once I work out which way I'm going to go ill get pics and a few vids :) I'd have to start really small the course she did was for small dogs but she had fun doing it.

We started off with a broom and 2 garden chairs to get my girl jumping but im now lucky enough to have unlimited use of a proper agilty course at my local rescue centre. I don't see any harm in buying a set there are some great set available for sale xx

The rescue centres I know of here don't have agility courses. Sasha hates brooms runs with her tail between her legs as soon as she sees one :(

We took her to Paws In The Park the weekend before last and they had a fly ball comp on wouldn't mind trying that with her but I don't think she would do it she watched them while the dogs were doing it she gets distracted easily though.

Hi Laura welcome home :wave: that's a massive achievement :D I know how some dogs... *cough* Diamond *cough*... refuse to jump over obstacles just because it's new to them. Yet you said Sasha is even brave enough to try the see-saw! WOW :D don't forget to share a video if you have time ;) 

how are you and the family btw? :) 

Hi Laura,

Good luck with this, it sounds great, hope to see pics and vids in the future. 

I hope all is going well with you and your family?

Hi Laura welcome home :wave: that's a massive achievement :D I know how some dogs... *cough* Diamond *cough*... refuse to jump over obstacles just because it's new to them. Yet you said Sasha is even brave enough to try the see-saw! WOW :D don't forget to share a video if you have time ;) 

how are you and the family btw? :)

Hey guys sorry didnt reply earlier.

I hope she will do it at home fingers crossed going to see how much money I have left next week and start buying stuff to make things can't afford to buy the equipment its expensive!

Were all good now :) little man is getting heaps big now it goes by so fast he's already 3months old and at last weigh in 2weeks ago was 7.3kgs (not sure what that is for everyone else) he's learning soo much so quickly too its crazy!.

How are you guys doing?

Xx

Just some ideas for you. Hula hoop to jump through, childs tunnel maybe cheaper than a dogs tunnel, handle off the broom and chairs or a long tree branch, sticks set in the ground for weaving, barrel and a plank of wood for seesaw (screw plank to barrel). Some items ie tunnel second hand ebay etc