Walking In The Rain

Barkers23

So the weather has turned and has been pretty grim recently ie rain and cold.

So far the puppy has been getting walked in the morning and evening rain or shine.

It's proper chucking it down ATM and really don't fancy it. I'm guessing getting soaked through is not much fun for the dog too?

To be honest when its chucking it down i don't walk the dogs Although they don't mind the rain (the staffie hates it then huskies don't mind it ), i play with them longer in side the house and they usually get a bone or kong to keep them busy xx

I don't walk Dime if it's raining but if the rain is pouring too long I take my boy to pee on the yard. Before I have this new yard Diamond fancies, I had to take him out on a short walk because he just won't pee on my old yard. I did carry an umbrella though. But the umbrella's not for me, it's for him! :lol: and yes I do get crazy looks and muffled chuckles from my neighbors :P but Dime has ear infection and I don't wait his ears to get wet, so... yeah LOL anything for my fluffy pup :shrug:

Harry will walk regardless of the weather. It was tipping it down this morning but he really likes to go out and explore. To top it off he decided to dig near our forest, so not only was he wet he was muddy too. How can he make a hole 12 inches deep in 30 seconds? I've given up worrying how wet and muddy he gets, it's the same for a 5 minute walk or 5 kms.

Harry will walk regardless of the weather. It was tipping it down this morning but he really likes to go out and explore. To top it off he decided to dig near our forest, so not only was he wet he was muddy too. How can he make a hole 12 inches deep in 30 seconds? I've given up worrying how wet and muddy he gets, it's the same for a 5 minute walk or 5 kms.

Lol but that's why we love them :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Even if it's torrential, Storm has to go for a walk. He won't rest otherwise. Kara, my foster is the same.

Holly on the other hand is a dry weather walker, and will make herself scarce if it's raining (and for many other reasons too!!!).

When it is raining my dog is a wimp!!!! He just lays around all day and doesn't really want to do much and if you take him out in the rain he is running for dear life back to the door. Sometimes he will even refuse to go potty outside and then hold it until he can't hold it anymore and then lets me know he has to go out and goes as fast as he can and runs back in as fast as he can.

When it's raining I don't walk the dogs but we are fairly lucky we don't get a ton of rainy days here (not like some places in the UK).

But when it's snowing we HAVE to go on walks!!

And no matter how cold it is we go on walks.

Besides rain the only other time we stay inside if it is really hot

I just break out the umbrella and combat boots to keep my feet dry and take Champ out anyway.  He enjoys the rain and even though he ends up wet and smelly as long as he enjoys himself I'm happy enough.  That and he has a walk schedule so I can't skip the walk just because of rain or he gets really upset cause he realllyyyy has to go.

With my two:

Sasha just looks out the door and shrugs her shoulders and keeps on going - I can almost see the "Oh,it's raining..." but that's when she gets put on her lead and I go back inside, she'll let me know when she's ready to come in.

Avalanche, will hold it till he's about ready to burst if it's raining out! "Nope, no way, it's wet out there!" When he finally does go out, he does his thing and is back at the door wanting in- NOW!

(( Sasha has a 100 foot lead out the back door and Avalanche has a 30 foot [which keeps him out of the road] out the front door - it takes them less than 1 minute to get them thoroughly tangles if I let them out together! ))

It's NOT walking for me

It's ball throws

Echo will TRY to insist on ball throws even if it's raining,

Ain't happpening.