Stop Tormenting Taz!

Good afternoon / evening / morning everyone! 

I'm here for a little bit of advise as per usual. 

We have a 6 month old Male Siberian called Blade and a 10 year old Cavalier King Charles spaniel called Taz. 

The last few weeks Taz cannot move an inch without Blade pounding on him, biting his legs / ears / scruff of his neck , Taz retaliates and growls / lunges at Blade and he does run off but comes straight back.

When I watch it , it's almost like Blade knows what reaction Taz will gives and does this nipping as a ... game almost ? But its really starting to get me down, I am tired of Taz's constant barking and growling and Blade taking no notice. 

So far we have tried coins in a can, putting on time out IE leashing him to us or putting him in the kitchen behind the baby gate. I've distracted him with toys / treats/ kong but as soon as Taz moves he's at him again. 

He does this with no other dog, only Taz. He is polite to every other dog we meet or spend time with. 

I can see that its not just making me miserable but Taz also he has started tip toeing around the house or just downright refuses to move anywhere. 

What else can I do? 

I've attached a picture as its been a long time since I showed him off :) 

post-10761-0-69409300-1383835268_thumb.j

ouch is this still going on? :( sorry didn't see your thread any earlier... is there any chew toy Blade absolutely likes? I heard it's effective to quickly show the dog what's right when you're correcting him. So when he nips Taz, remove Blade from him and give him the toy. Far clearer way to say "this is wrong and this is right", I suppose..

I do try and distract him with a toy but as soon as Taz moves he drops it and  he's at him again. I sometimes catch him stalking him too  :mellow:

I think if Taz maybe didn't react so much he'd probably stop, when he nips at Taz , Taz will lunge at him growling and barking and biting I think he sees it as Taz playing a game 

I wonder if a re-introduction should be done... you know, separate them for a while and slowly make them go through the intros again? I can't promise it'll help though... I've heard that some puppies can be very mouthy in their teenage stage.. and, unfortunately, it's just who they are...

IMO he really sees Taz as a play buddy. We have a 6 months old pit who lives with my Ares and my boy just wont leave him alone! Huskies are full of energy and would always look for someone/something to play with.

Ares plays just the same way you described Blade reacting to Taz - biting limbs, neck, back, he'd even get on top of him and either push him on the ground or hump him :facepalm:

Older dogs tend to be short tempered/grumpy around puppies. Especially high energy breeds like huskies.

Leg biting from what I've read is basically Blade asking for some attention from Taz. "Hey Hey Play ! PLAY HEY PLAY!!"

As Blade is getting older, his energy will get higher. As a puppy at 8 weeks they aren't usually hyper.. Play for maybe a few hours , sleep the rest of the day.

As they grow older, the more energy they get (Unless you got lucky with a mellow laid back husky :P )

Mine's almost 2 years old and her energy is off the charts with other dogs. She barks a lot to get attention from the dogs but I assume Blade gets a big reaction from Taz when he nips the legs. This is just my experience though -- Jelly at 7 months was trying to play with an older lab maybe 12 years old and she didn't know any better so the lab put her in her place and snared her teeth at Jelly and gave her a warning bite to the bum area. Hence, now Jelly doesn't seem to go anywhere near senior dogs. (unless they're the playful type but most senior dogs here just sit, isolated from everyone else lol)

Either that or he's beginning to get into his teenage months and trying to establish his dominance over Taz. This is just what I'm thinking.

i could be totally wrong :l