Where Would You Go?

Val (Zebedee)

In the UK, we're hurtling towards Winter. It's going dark earlier (about 4.30pm at the moment), as I sit & type it is bucketing down with rain, it's cold & miserable, we have the heating on .....

but where would you rather be?

I know it's still cold etc but I would love to see the Northern Lights. It is so beautiful in the photos you see. Have any of you been lucky enough to witness this amazing event?

Or would you prefer to be somewhere hot, like the Bahamas or somewhere else exotic?

If money was no object, where in the world would you rather be?

My boyfriend is out there working until march. After that it would be Australia because my sister lives there and i haven't seen her for ages xx 

I know it's still cold etc but I would love to see the Northern Lights. It is so beautiful in the photos you see. Have any of you been lucky enough to witness this amazing event?

I haven't seen the northern lights yet, but have seen the opposite: The midnight sun. It's kind of weird and mesmerising. This photo was taking at exactly 1am.

post-2355-0-78693200-1383950748_thumb.jp

I've seen the northern lights, its magical. They usually aren't supposed to appear this far south, but a few or so years ago they did...the result of a strong sunflare. 

If I were to go anywhere, I'd like to see more of Canada. I've already been out east, so I guess out west is where I would like to go. Go see the Rockies, go up to the Yukon during the summer...

Somewhere warm and sunkissed. I don't like lying there getting a sun tan, but I do like feeling the sun soak into my bones.

I have always wanted to see the northern lights, I would love to go to Canada or New Zealand. I would love to go see polar bears and pandas in the wild. But my face place of all - the place I'd rather be is wherever my hubby and husky are.

If I was taking the furries,  up north to play in the snow, always wanted to see Canada,  if it's just the humans, discovery cove in Florida, we went a few years ago and to swim with the rays was amazing ! ( we swam with the dolphins as well,  surprisingly the rays were better )

I'd love to explore Indonesia :) the mountains, the waterfalls, the world-famous underwater coral garden... maybe visiting Komodo Island too if I have guts :lol: Indo's a beautiful country, but if I have to choose one place to spend the rest of my life in, I'd choose Japan. Their culture is a portrait of a perfect world in my eyes :)

Like always, I have a story ... I've traveled east to west and back on almost every major road in the US, so when I was going out to visit my grandfather in northern Oregon one time I took the trans-canada highway from northern New York to somewhere in the Rockie Mountains.  Shortly after I'd gotten into Canada and on the highway, I picked up an older hitchhiker (er, this was in the 80's). He was originally from eastern Europe, spoke several different languages, worked as a cook in the lumber camps, had lived and worked in Canada for many years (don't remember off hand how long, but quite a while - had stories like you wouldn't believe!) and was heading back into the woods. 

As we were heading west (and a bit north), the sun was going down, it was getting colder and I kept jacking the heat up in the car.  Full dark and I started seeing the lights ... couldn't have described them, just beautiful.  The later it got, the brighter they were (and the less attention  I was paying to the road - which thankfully was mostly straight!) We finally made it around a curve, I dodged a logging truck and my companion suggested that it might be just a bit safer to stop if I really wanted to look at the lights!

What I finally saw looked like this

nlights1.jpg

When I pulled into North Bay, ON - the temperature had dropped into the single digits (let's say -15c); we stopped at an old hotel (sharing expenses) got out of the warm car, got right back in and grabbed our jackets!

But to answer the original question.  I'd probably like to go to anyplace in Southeast Asia.  I loved the country while I was there, loved the people I had the opportunity to meet and most of all loved the weather!

some would call me a fool as its still in the 80's in texas but we will b in Wales(UK) for most of dec. weather gonna suck but it is the most beautiful place in the world to me and the wife and we have been all over the world except for asia

sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

some would call me a fool as its still in the 80's in texas but we will b in Wales(UK) for most of dec. weather gonna suck but it is the most beautiful place in the world to me and the wife and we have been all over the world except for asia

While you're over there, you wanna ask a few people about the "Jones"'s and see what you can find out about my family. :doglaugh:

I wish I knew, but I haven't the foggiest where to begin on that side of the pond; my people just "appeared" over here ...