Wobbly Dog, Having Trouble Keeping Balance

loriam

Athena will be 3 years old this month and is generally a very happy and healthy girl. Today she was napping more than usual next to my boyfriend's desk. Patric went to say hello to her and pet her and she kept flinching. At first, we thought she might've been afraid but we noticed that she couldn't keep her head still. We tried to play with her and while interested, she had trouble keeping her balance when she got up to walk around. I've read many things online including that the cause might be due to low blood sugar or dehydration. Again, she was interested in eating but just couldn't work it out.

Going to the vet tomorrow is a given but I'm just really worried about her. I just want to reassure her and make her feel comfortable until we can get her medical attention. Should I maybe see if she can handle drinking down some low sodium chicken broth? I just don't know what to do... :(

Please help!

Hidden

If her spine come back clear it might be worth it to contact Karen Yeargain. She is going through a study with her dogs and a possible new nueromuscular disease. You will have to google her, I'm not allowed to post her research site or her personal website.