Water In The Crate Needed?

ZachAttack

Of course I've been leaving water in for my pup whilst hes in his crate and i go out but as he always kicks off when we leave him i regularly come home to a wet crate and bedding.

I was wondering how long i could crate him for without water for before he needed a drink. Also was thinking of replacing the bowl with a rabbit hutch style bottle but not sure they do one for dogs?

They do have a rabbit style hutch thingy for dogs -- at least from what I've seen (Either that or they're actually using the ones for rabbits and use them for dogs too lol) 

I usually leave the water in for mine but she usually never drinks out of it at night.  So long as it's not extremely hot, your pup could probably go a few hours.  But yeah, mine's around 8-9 hours max. 

Of course I've been leaving water in for my pup whilst hes in his crate and i go out but as he always kicks off when we leave him i regularly come home to a wet crate and bedding.

I was wondering how long i could crate him for without water for before he needed a drink. Also was thinking of replacing the bowl with a rabbit hutch style bottle but not sure they do one for dogs?

I'll go along with the crowd that it's not cruel to leave him for a while without water if the conditions are right.  If it's hot, it's cruel; if it's long term, let's say more than 6 - 8 hours, then I'd call it cruel.  For a few hours, or overnight - where he can get your attention if he really needs something - then I'd be less concerned.

As far as what you call a "hutch style" watering bottle, yes, they make them ( see this link ) but you have to remember that what goes in, eventually has to come out.  If he's good at holding it till you can get home then maybe you might want to consider one.  I'd definitely consider one if the temperature were up, where he's going to be losing a lot of water just keeping cool.

I'll go along with the crowd that it's not cruel to leave him for a while without water if the conditions are right.  If it's hot, it's cruel; if it's long term, let's say more than 6 - 8 hours, then I'd call it cruel.  For a few hours, or overnight - where he can get your attention if he really needs something - then I'd be less concerned.

As far as what you call a "hutch style" watering bottle, yes, they make them ( see this link ) but you have to remember that what goes in, eventually has to come out.  If he's good at holding it till you can get home then maybe you might want to consider one.  I'd definitely consider one if the temperature were up, where he's going to be losing a lot of water just keeping cool.

We live in northern England so there's no need to worry about the weather lol. I'm more concerned about him knocking the thing over tbh hes usually good at holding it