Growth On Neck. What Is It? (Pic)

Smokey

I discovered this today on the side of Zeeva's neck. It's huge and I can't believe I just now discovered it :c

We are going to the vet tomorrow morning. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what it may be?

It almost made me gag. Is it a wart? Is it cancer? I'm terrified.

P.S. I did not pull it. It was already crusty with blood on it...

post-1531-0-00895700-1384237665_thumb.jp

I had a Keeshond with a skin tag on his neck. It did get larger over the years, but never so large that it should be removed. I was advised by my vet to leave it unless it became a problem, and it never did. It finally got to the size of a marble, but they can be bigger still.

Does look like a tick to be honest, you'll only see the legs if you soften the blood and muck, and seperate the hairs.

Skin tags are like moles, or little noddules of skin that don't really do anything, but should be checked if they cause irritation or get snagged on something

Let us know how you get on

Zeeva is at the vet. They said they have to excise it so they put her under and I'm hoping once it's removed it won't come back. They said we don't have to biopsy it as it doesn't look cancerous (whatever cancer looks like?). Do you think I should have it biopsied anyway? I hate to say this but the procedure and whatnot were expensive :c and if I can save money I would like to. I also don't want to cut corners...

My little girl was trembling at the vet and kept climbing on the bench to crawl behind me...but she sat nicely for the vet while he examined her her growth.

I think I love our new vet = vet established! First time we've had to go since our move and I'm lucky. 

Keep us in your prayers...

We had two biopsies done on tumors that Eisa had. She had a total of seven tumors. Cost us $125 per biopsy. Both came back negative. We since had the tumors removed. If she had only one growth, we probably would not have a single growth biopsy done. All the best for Zeeva.