Lucky 'escape'

stormchaser09

yesterday morning I was attempting to light our woodburner and failing miserably when in the distance I could hear a niggly noise. After a wee while it slowly dawned on me that it was the front door squeaking cos it was open.

I looked round to see Storm sitting on the front mat looking out through the gap in the open door and Tanna sniffing on the outside front step. A quick 'come here Tanna' and she came running back in. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I did call my sons who were in the taxi on the way to school to shout at them for leaving it open.

It could have been so much worse as I wasn't even dressed as I was heading for the shower when I got peace after the kids left, That would have been a scarey site - me running around the countryside in my dressing gown and no slippers!!!!

But well done to my 2 clever girls and a wee thanks to the cat for not passing at that moment.

Casper has ran out a few time but he stays in front of our house deciding to play tag in the radius of 2 houses.

once i was up stairs when I hear my mom saying the call-back word to Casper and at that moment i got up and made it downstairs in 2 steps and got him inside. My heart drops anytime he gets out(only twice) 

• 2 weeks later...