Kc Reg, But Not Kc Reg?????

Mkmattyk

Hi guys sorry its been a while, been working hard studying, getting the garden sorted and still window shopping, and i came across a person saying that she is selling some pups from kc reg parents but the pups themselves wont be kc reg but will come with pedigree certificates.... How is that???

pedigree certificates = KC-regged??  :huh: honestly though I'd stay away from breeders like that. No real breeders advertise their pups by calling out on a random guy they came across on streets. The fact that she refused to register the pups only adds to my suspicion.. It costs money to register a pup and maybe she's just trying to push the profit by reducing the expenses

Thats what i thought.... Thanks , i was on net searching and saw her add on a major selling website (not that im looking to buy, i just like looking at the different colours, and patterns) so anyway i saw this add and it got me worried. Thanks again for puuting me straight

One of mine has a 5 gen pedigree but isn't kc reg nothing wrong with it really I just asked to see mum and dads kc reg documents before i parted with any money. Theres nothing saying that a dog from kc parents has to registered, some breeders do it so they can only be kept as pets or because they were an accidental litter. Not really sure what you would be reporting them for though lol xx

What you will get is a certificate from the breeder confirming the bloodlines of the parents.

It's not official in any way other than showing YOU the bllodlines.

If you then later want to KC reg your dog the Breeder will then have to show the KC REG paperwork on the parents to prove the bloodlines

and guess what. . . . . 

They will charge you £££££££ for the priviledge.

Unless you're planning on showing, working, breeding etc... Then the kc registration part really shouldn't matter. Looking for a good breeder is tricky and using words like k c registration can help to narrow the search but more important is to be sure that both parents were hip and eye scored, and tested for most genetic illnesses. In other words that they've done things properly rather than just chuck two dogs together and hey presto! Puppies! :facepalm:

Hidden

I would bet that the puppies aren't registered because they CANT be registered. Either one, or both parents were sold on limited registration (most often this means their breeder didn't feel like these dogs had genes they wanted to pass on). Even if someone doesn't want a show dog doesn't mean they shouldn't look for a quality puppy who health tested parents give that pup a better chance of living a long, healthy life.

What you will get is a certificate from the breeder confirming the bloodlines of the parents.

It's not official in any way other than showing YOU the bllodlines.

If you then later want to KC reg your dog the Breeder will then have to show the KC REG paperwork on the parents to prove the bloodlines

and guess what. . . . . 

They will charge you £££££££ for the priviledge.

At a later date you won't has a time limit.