Hello

Spanner

Hi i am Anna and i am new to the forum. I got my first husky (which is my first dog, but lived with dogs all my life) about 2 weeks ago. He is 2 years and about 8 months called Beau. He was looking for a good home, in which i hope i can give. His old owner was moving to a city and would not have time for him and was left at her parents house, who also did not have much time for him. So i have taken him on lots of walks and have a field where it is safe and secure where he can chase rabbits to his hearts content. However he has become slightly lame and just thinking i may of over done it as he did not have much exercise for a while. Do you think it would be best just to limit his exercise to see if its better. It just seems when he is inactive he is stiff on his lame leg.

This is a picture of him

post-10972-0-89264400-1384463102_thumb.j

Welcome to husky owners!

It's possible he's sprained his leg, particularly if he's not used to such long walks. I'd try to Walk him gently for a few days and keep an eye on it. If its no better in a couple days or appears to worsen then a trip to the vets would be a good idea. Hopefully he won't need it, fingers crossed!

Well done for rescuing. He's a good looking boy! :wub:

When I got Champ his hips were really sore and painful for him because he wasn't used to going up and down stairs but it got better after a few days, if he hasn't had a lot of exercise then it could just be sore muscles like Champ's hips were.  Take it easy on the exercise for a few days as the others have suggested, if it doesn't get better definitely take him to the vet to make sure everything's okay.  Welcome to the pack :)

Well took him to the vets to register him, and the vet nurse saw him. He is 21kgs and says he is in good condition. However his old owner gave us his vet records and i noticed he is over due his booster, so i will be booking him in for that and the vet can look at him then, although i do thing he is improving.

Sharloid, i am luckily enough to have a farmers field to walk round where i keep my horse and it had sheep in at one point, so is quite secure lol.